Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28102 Sun Mar 05 2006 10:24 PM
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Here's Rex and Nita Benson, the donors of the two Shamrock gas globes, at the drawing for the raffle of the globes at the Peotone, IL swap meet on Sunday, March 5.

Nita picks one of two winners as I make the announcement. We're standing in front of the Oldgas.com booth.

And the winners are...

Maurice Campbell from Tulsa, OK, "souperhigh" on Shop Talk, won the first globe.
Joe Kelly from Cochrane, Alberta, Canada, "Texacojoe" on Shop Talk, won the second globe. We'll be contacting each of them to set up the details.
Neither was in attendance at the swap meet, so we'll ship a globe to each of them. Bob "Lastgas15" has willingly agreed to do the expert packing.

Thanks so much to Rex and Nita for donating the two globes to the raffle and to each person who made a donation. We're humbled by all the generosity shown to Oldgas.com.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 03-05-2006).]

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Congrats to the winners!

A huge thank you o Rex & Nita.Your kindness is unsurpassed.This was a very nice thing to do.

Got Socony???

Tom
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A big thank you from up north to Rex & Nita Benson for your generosity, Jim Potts for the best site on the web and all the Old Gas members who support this site. The Shamrock globe will have a special spot in the collection. Again Thank You!!!

Joe

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
WOW,
THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMBERS OF OLDGAS.COM FOR LETTING ME BE A PART OF YOUR SITE.SPECIAL THANKS TO REX AND NITA BENSON FOR THE GENEROUS DONATION SUPPORTING THE SITE AND TO JIM POTTS AND OF COURSE FOR THE PACKING "LASTGAS15". WHILE I ONLY HAVE 28 GLOBES SO FAR, THIS WILL BE A SUPER ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION.AGAIN THANK YOU!

[This message has been edited by souperhigh (edited 03-06-2006).]

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Congrats Joe & Maurice. You will have to show us the globes when you get them displayed. A great big Thank You goes out to Rex & Nita for your overwhelming kindness. Glad to see both of you again. Also thank you Jim for this great site. Hope you raised some good money for the site

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Thank You to every one on this great site. The neat Shamrock globe arrived safely and it is now displayed with pride.A group is as strong as its people, and that is why this site is such a successful site.Special Thanks to Rex and Nita for their special generosity.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The Shamrock globe arrived in great shape and would again like to thank Rex & Nita for their generosity and all the members who support this great site. Will post a picture when I have the globe displayed. Yours in collecting, Joe

Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Thanks Joe & Maurice, for letting us know the globes made it through shipping. That's never a sure thing. Lastgas15 must have packed 'em right. Thanks Bob.

At the time this idea came up, I wasn't looking to start any donation promotion for oldgas.com because the eBay bids through our links were consistantly keeping us funded. But it was impossible for me to turn down the offer from Rex and Nita. They really are the down to earth good people they appear to be. Thanks to them and all the good people out there who make this online community an enjoyable place to be.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad your globe finally got there Joe. I was starting to worry.
A great big THANK YOU to Rex and Nita. They are two of the most generous people in the hobby!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hubba Loves Rex and Nita and Oldgas

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved