Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am looking for the gentleman that was selling the reproduction Guarantee Measure punched tin globes. I was told that he advertised on Primarily Petroliana.Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Dave Jones

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
G
G
Hi Dave,
Can you tell me if the punched tin globes were original to the Fry pumps? I seem to remember the guy you are talking about but that was about ten years ago when he was selling them. Greg

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hello Greg,
I was told that some guy reproduced a bunch of the Guaranteed Measure punched tin globes that were depicted in early Fry advertising and did not do well selling them. I was hoping to locate him and purchase one or two. I do not have any other information.
I appreciate your input.Where did you see him last ?
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been here a LONG TIME & don't remember anyone offering them.

I remember seeing several different styles of Punched Metal lenses over the years. Some look like _ ( ) _or _ C _ & the glass filled like the one posted in General.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Tue Nov 01 2011 04:58 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bought a repro'd/fantasy? set off ebay a few years back that say I think "Gasoline". I'll try to dig them out and post a picture. Kinda seems like they wouldn't be to hard to make a set with a decent drill press. You could drill a few sets at a time.

Last edited by JimT; Tue Nov 01 2011 05:02 PM.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
There was someone on ebay a few years ago. He must have made a stack of them because he'd relist one as soon as one sold. Seems the first one went around 250.00+ but when he quit listing them, they were down around 100.00. I wish I had his name or ebay ID.

His were generic Gasoline and used a round punch. The originals I've dealt with had a U shaped punch with the tab bent inwards slightly.

G
G
Hi Dave,
I seem to remember seeing an ad for the Fry punched tin globes in Check the Oil back in the 1990's. I have my old magazines in storage and will dig them out and look. What Fry pumps do you have? I am looking for one of the early Fry pumps that did not have the large base and had the pump unit mounted externally. Greg

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Morgan, The guy selling the generic gasoline punch globes done with the round punch on ebay was Bob Treadway his ebay handle was rtreadway7 his phone is 423-538-8

Last edited by Garage-A-GoGo; Fri Nov 04 2011 04:23 AM.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hello Greg,
I appreciate your help and time.
The only Frys that I have at this time are the common ones-117s and a 73(I think). I have never found a pump to which you are referring, but have found many 117s and 17s. Everyone of them has been different in some way also with modifications, attachments, etc.
I am just attempting to put together a garage/workshop which will resemble an old country store/gas station.I need to get my old Harley and several other items inside.
I am not a hoarder or "purist" and just collect neat stuff for fun.
Nice to meet you and thanks again,
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
oops just realized I didn't have complete phone # for Bob in my reply it's 423-538-8867

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hello,
I used your info and contacted him via email through Ebay as he is currently still selling. I have not received a reply as yet.I appreciate your help.
Sincerely,
Dave Jones

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved