Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This topic comes up, time and time again. It shows up with numerous different titles, names, headings, whatever.

I for one, am ALWAYS willing to help a newby. If questions aren't asked, answers aren't given, and nothing is learned.

I have limited my posts, and time spent here, because I'm tired of all the frivolous posts, that have NOTHING to contribute to the subject!

In the For Sale forums for example... People, if you wish you were closer, get in your damn truck and start driving! THAT will get you closer! But wait! Theres more! If its "FOR SALE" post the price! If somebody asks a question, ANSWER IT!

Value forum... Its PROBABLY worth, what you paid for it! (that means, dont buy it, THEN ask)

And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... DONT use this forum, to express your need to be unique! A picture or two? Fine. A whole thread? Take it someplace else!!!

Good Heavens... I wonder how many people will complain, that I'm PICKING on them? I hope the Administrator, will allow me to answer THAT question!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Thunder II,

What do you mean by that statement below:

"And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... DONT use this forum, to express your need to be unique! A picture or two? Fine. A whole thread? Take it someplace else!!!"

Can you be more specific? An example?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hen. If I answered that, I would be accused of "picking" on somebody. I once asked a question of a fellow member, and was put on probation for it. Hence the reason that I dont participate much any more.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm MORE than happy, to say this stuff face to face. I've done so in the past, and I'll do it again if needed. I DONT have puppets! I DESPISE puppets!

Like I stated previously. I would LOVE the opportunity to answer the question.

Last edited by Thunder II; Tue Nov 08 2011 09:39 PM.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As Rodney King said "Can't WE ALL just get along".
NO.
NOBODY likes to be Criticized & yet WE ALL DO IT, in one form or another.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anyone have the paint code for Texaco red?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Shermin Williams 45351

Last edited by K W FRITH; Wed Nov 09 2011 07:00 AM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Originally Posted By: gasmelincelr
Anyone have the paint code for Texaco red?

If I was closer, I'd lend you my PCM book.

Ed
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Those last three posts crack me up......LOL.

gasmelincelr: The timing of that was terrific..I about spit my coffee on the screen.....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #284053 Wed Nov 09 2011 09:01 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I don't have alot to say to what has already been said. I post some but mainly on the daily topic, prayer list, if I'm looking for something or maybe buying something every now and then. I have made friends on here and there have been quite a few help me with numerous questions about items either I'm thinking about buying or items I have had for a long time and wondering what it was worth. Even finding a part for my truck(thanks Chris!). I'm not a reseller. I buy things to keep for a long time. I trust people here with value opinions than trying to gauge at a show or auction. I've only been to a couple gas shows and there may have been 3 vendors in my opinion that had prices I felt good about buying from them a little under book value. I went to an auction Saturday before last and gas/oil stuff went for almost double book value. As far as veterans and newbies, I guess maybe I'm still a newbie since I've collected petro for about 10 years but I've collected old stuff for 26 years. I've tried to be very respectful to veterans because they know alot more than I'll ever know and I enjoy getting all the knowledge I need from them. The ones I've talked to the most have treated me with alot of kindness and I appreciate that. There are also alot of collectors as well I've spoken to that are about the same as me and they have a modest collection but can't afford $500-$1000 items very often. I know mine seems to be more of why I like this website but in my experience on here I've been respectful to other people and I get it in return.

Brian

Originally Posted By: KYGULF
... I know mine seems to be more of why I like this website but in my experience on here I've been respectful to other people and I get it in return.
Brian

Brian has gotten to the bottom of the issue.

You often get back what you dish out.

Dish out criticism and intolerance of people who think differently, you get the same back at you. You've also scared off others who are reading the post who may never post again.

Be respectful of those who think differently and you get back respect. Except for those who don't know how to play in the sandbox without throwing sand.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been collecting for nine years but I don't know a thing about a globe, and for the most part I don't know the value of a whole lot or rare signs. I do however know a good bit about clockface and computer pumps. If someone like me who is into pumps (newbee or not) runs into something for sell and asks for the value or the authenticity of an item that was just discussed a few months ago, I don't get mad or post a comment about it, I just click on the next thread. I do a heck of a lot of lurking and post from time to time, but I usually don't reply unless I am fairly confident of my opinion on a topic. I have "screwed up" on a reply and have been "called out" on it by a vetern, but that doesn't bug me, I feel like it is all in good fun. Heck it makes me feel that I "belong". I have never beed treated with any hostile replys, but I can admit that I have typed many replys only to delete it at the last minute to avoid fueling a fire that probably already needs put out. I also stand by my opinion on asking a value on something - I would rather have someone that wants to sell a piece that I want find a fair value on it before they offer it up for sale for an outrageous dollar amount. I don't care if they want to research it or not. If you don't want to respond, move on to the next post! And I also agree with what has been said - anything is worth what you are willing to pay for it if it makes you happy to have it. I have overpaid for a few things that I really wanted and I really don't give a rat's behind what anybody else thinks. I love this site and enjoy reading it everyday, but I don't let all of this keep me from going back everyday to see what's new. I have met way too many people on this site - either in person or with E-mail, and that alone outweighs all of the "bickering and complaining" that I have read on this site. I will continue to post when I have something to add that is revelent. Brady

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I guess I will throw my 2 cents in I suppose I can be considered a veteran the reason I don't post more is mainly due to 2 things time and knowledge. With my occupation, until I get my crop in or out of the field I don't have time to play with my hobby so I have a limited amount of time I can devote to it which is a few months in the winter. Next is knowledge " I know what I know" I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in Oklahoma cans and small companies. And that's mainly what I limit my comments to. And if it is a question of value on something I do know about I'm not sure how much my opinion would be worth. Because a 5 dollar composite can to 99 percent of the collectors I might pay 30 bucks for because it's a small little company that I don't have. Does that make the value of that can 5 dollars or 30 dollars I don't know. I don't know squat about globes, pumps, air meters, most signs etc. There are many guys here that are experts in these areas so there's no need in me adding my comments however I do enjoy reading and looking at pictures in other people's questions and I have no problems at all with people asking whatever question they want, if it's a thread that does not interest me I simply skip it. So I guess that is my excuse for what its worth and it sounds a lot like several other posts.

Jay

Jay Leeper
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
So long everyone!

ALL THE BEST!

Last edited by henlovestoys; Wed Nov 09 2011 06:54 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry, I must be in the wrong place, I thought this was OLDGAS.com I assumed it was a site for OLD Gasoline Station items.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
KZ, IT WAS an OLDGAS site.
BUT now it has become more of a FLEA MKT [Beer signs, bicycles, lic. plates, soda bottles, condom/kotex machines, trucks, cars, soda/gumball machines, parking meters, Non Petro For Sale items, entertainment TV shows, etc. etc. etc.].

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved