Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
From my uncle who has lived in Spokane all his life -

The station in the picture is on Monroe Street by the bridge, that's Sears behind it and off of to left is Montgomery Wards which is now Spokane City Hall

Last edited by 42packard; Mon Jul 15 2013 07:13 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like the Spokane public library was built on the site of that station--I just google visited it!

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Thank you Bobs!
That last pic shows me the next neon sign I want to find!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave according to Bob's story, rainbow became carter of which you have 2 signs which then went husky. So you Carter signs have more in common with Rainbow and not Esso? that should pique people's interest in the carter stuff!

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Thank you to you and your Uncle for passing on that info on the location in the picture.
I'm going to put together a couple of stops for me to do for a Rainbow field trip to Spokane and I will take good pics to post.
I sold the worse cond. Carter and then I saw it on ebay for $600 buy it now/offer. He still has it and I still have the better condition sign that I might be keeping with this.?? I think that the Carter sign would look great on the side of my Shoppe with the license plates and writing.
I need to do the research to tie all these together.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is not the same place. Just something I found. Thought is was neat with the same name. It says Jerry's Rainbow Texaco Kalispell Montana

texaco.jpg

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By: Gasman84470
Dave according to Bob's story, rainbow became carter of which you have 2 signs which then went husky. So you Carter signs have more in common with Rainbow and not Esso? that should pique people's interest in the carter stuff!

Just because a station gets rebranded to a different oil company doesn't necessarily mean that the previous oil company was bought out by the new one.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My source (Jon Roma's road map website) states that True's Rainbow was sold to Standard of Indiana in 1959.

Last edited by Maps for the memories; Tue Jul 16 2013 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Maps for the memories
My source (Jon Roma's road map website) states that True's Rainbow was sold to Standard of Indiana in 1959.

Maps more or less has it correct . I sent Bob some info a while back stating the very same facts . As far as I can tell, the refinery in Washington is still owned by BP/Amoco ......... Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved