Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
POLESIGNKID #284455 Fri Nov 11 2011 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reputations, good or bad , are almost always, the result of one's behavior , In my opinion time in the hobby has little to do with anything . If you have a bad reputation it is something you brought on your self by screwing someone else and the wounds will never heal. and then every one will talk about you behind your back.
It's just the way it is in life.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
HI-OCTANE #284462 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eventually word will get who the guy is privately. No need to say the name on this website, but if anyone can figure out local to Grenada, Ms that narrows it down alot, say 100 miles either direction from there. Maybe a guy in Collierville, Tn....... NO, that would be me.....LOL...... Go the other direction,, say South....... or as Kid Rock would say......Jackson, Ms......... or close by................

roger cherry #284478 Fri Nov 11 2011 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After vising a local collector "FRIEND", Couple days later calls up & says he wants his Wayne/MS 80 door back. Claims I Stole It & hangs up. I called back & tell him I have NO USE/NEED for the door. He seen me drive in & drive away, was w/ me all the time I was there, but claimed I must have returned to get the door!
I'm not the Only Local Collector that He claims has Stolen from him.
He also is a Member here!

Dick Bennett #284481 Fri Nov 11 2011 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think that I may have it...Brain damage from lead ingestion/absorption dealing with gas pumps all these years. All these "nut cases" should have their blood checked for lead and other toxins. You never know.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Catauladave #284485 Fri Nov 11 2011 03:06 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
something like that happened to me at an auction, I bought a nice large clock and they carried it to the back near the check out and i just happened to look back a few minutes later and see a guy trying to leave with it. Jumped up and ran for the door and he said he bought it, lady behind the window says he said we did not hear the bidder number right and it was his.I gently took it out of his hands and paid for it and told him he needed to get a refund

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
coheley5 #284594 Sat Nov 12 2011 12:18 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Has anybody asked themselves whether or not the seller was telling the truth. Does anybody know him. Maybe the comment from the collector went something like this. You know you might as well sell this item to me because the other guys money is no good and I'm right here with the cash. The seller was honest by calling you but he was also confirming that you were coming to pickup the items and to make sure he imbelished the story a little bit. Just my thoughts. Mitch

67Chev4X4 #284640 Sat Nov 12 2011 10:01 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Well the caller used a name and location of someone that he and I both know, I had never seen or met the seller before, the seller and I had made the deal several hours earlier and he knew I was on the way already. Those are all pretty evident clues don't ya think.

AllenBrown82 #298441 Thu Jan 19 2012 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: AllenBrown82
Just to clear up some confusion, it was NOT Dave Ritchey that tried to screw me.

Well, I appreciate the clarification. : ). Since I'm just now reading this, I'm obviously too slow to screw anybody, anyhow-I'm one of those getting older ones somebody referred to.

Greed must be a terrible disease to live with. There are a lot of things I want for myself, but I also have a good feeling when other people get what they can or want, even if it is much more than I can have. I envy (but am not jealous of) Jay Leno, but only because he is doing exactly what I would do if I were in his position.

And shortly after we die most of our widows are going to be trying to figure out the easiest and quickest way to dispose of all this anyhow.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved