Print Thread
#285272 Tue Nov 15 2011 06:29 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Several years ago at the Evansville show, a vendor had a Tokheim 98 "LuBar" oil can rack. I thought that it was neat looking because it looked like a Tokheim 39 gas pump. I decided to pass it up since it was missing several parts and I thought he was asking too much for it. So...I hoped one day, I would find another one. Well...after years and years went by and at all the shows I went to, not a one showed up. After about 7 or 8 years, I was not only lucky enough to get one, but I got two. COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! The first thing I do when I get them home is look them up in Jack's 2nd edition gas pump book. On page 291, I noticed that there are different variations. But mine was different. The Tokheim 98, 98L and 99 used Tokheim 39 doors and they have hangers to hang the doors on the sides. Again, mine didn't have regular 39 doors, it was different. Then I noticed where the empty oil cans go, the 98 has a hole, and the 98L and 99 has handles. So, I look at mine and I noticed something didn't look right. You have to put your foot on an angle bracket to open it up to put your empty cans in it. Neat. So, now I "take a thank". I believe I have an extra National A-62-A top. I go look in the barn and...there it is...BINGO!! Now, one can be a Tokheim 99..WOW. THEIR STILL OUT THERE. Let's show pictures of your "LuBar" oil can rack. Enjoy...have fun...Larry

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Larry Nace #285313 Tue Nov 15 2011 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have 3 - #99 Lubars, 1 has a Station Lighter Mount. I've never seen any like yours w/ the Split Doors.
Do you have all the shelf clips w/ oil Wt [10, 20, 30] that goes on each side of shelves?
Does your 4th shelf [from bottom] have a holes for Can Spouts?

Dick Bennett #285357 Wed Nov 16 2011 06:57 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Thanks Dick for posting. I checked this morning and I do not have the shelf clips w/oil wt (10,20,30)that goes on each side of shelves and need to get them. Could you post a picture of what the clips look like? My 6th shelf has a hole for the can spout to drain into the empty oil can bin. There is a slot in the front of the 5th shelf. I do not know what that would be for. Any idea? Thanks, Larry

Larry Nace #285444 Wed Nov 16 2011 06:15 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Congrats, Larry. Very nice...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved