Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Despite the fact that Dick B was getting crazy deals on 36B tops. And Gas Pump Rob's enthusiastic perma-smile wasn't wearing quickly, the answer to the question is obviously ME!

Well, maybe it isn't since I don't know everyone here, but if you ask my dad (who came with me), you'd know I had the greatest day of my last six years of gas-gazing last Saturday. Not only did I meet a few more collectors, but I got everything I need to finish off the two pumps I've been working on. But I can't credit myself. Oh no, not by far. Without meeting Dick and Rob, who's trailer fashioned some serious good-looking cross-country goodies (I was drawn in by Dick's sexy hips -- ooooh baby -- even sandblasted!) OK, yeah, the Wayne 60 hips, not his own. Among the 5 hips that these men acquired on their tour, only one was for sale. And in stepped early-bird Kurt Zimmerman to get the worm.

As Kurt knew I was coming to him for a Gilbarco door, he knew I could use the 60 hip as well. In the most generous way that I can't describe, Kurt sold me the hip. How much? Well, if I sold it on Ebay, I could probably get twice my money's worth I'm sure. But it's worth more than that to me. And not just because I've needed it for so long. No, the value of the hip is beyond that to me.

I think I almost bit through my tongue after meeting Kurt. I hope everyone else had a good time. I hope to see and meet more of you guys in the future. I got to get sandblasting . . . Keep pumping.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
COOOL Chris...i am glad you found your Hip. Thumbs up to Kurt for helping. Attaboys all around.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
No no no! He should have charged much, much more! Just kidding, sounds like you had a great time. Hurry up (do a good job though) and lets see some pics of that pump.
Nice to hear Iowa was a good bash.

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chris, glad you got your 60 hips. I knew you'd find what you needed. Didn't figure it would happen this quickly though. Is this a great country or what?

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chris,
Glad your so hip on that hip! It was a pleasure to have met you at the show. We had a great time and created lots of memories. It is great to see someone young like you into this hobbie who will keep it alive longer. The best part of going to a show like Iowa gas are the people that you meet! Hope to cross your path again. Let all of us know if you need advice on that restore.

Gas pump Rob

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved