Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287665 Mon Nov 28 2011 09:55 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I recently purchased what I believe is a Pennzoil Lubester? I would like to restore this to the best of my ability but am finding a hard time locating something for reference on the web. There is a label welded to the top, "property of pennzoil" so I am sure this was a Pennzoil item at one time. The decal on it as of now is a cheap decal someone put on but would like to try and find something maybe NOS that would be period correct or at least the location of the decals.

Thanks in advance and I hope my photo comes up?

Mike

Pennzoil oil lubester.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
wisconsinmike #287668 Mon Nov 28 2011 11:03 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Pennzoil was not in the business of making oil dispensers, they were in the oil business.
Somewhere on the unit should be an ID tag, that should tell you what company made it. Oil dispensers were made by at least 12 different companies.
After you determine the manuf. try and see if the ID tag has a model number, then go to my website: www.petrocollect.com
Click on literature then on the company, then on the model number, there should be a picture of the unit.

One more thing, the ID tag is usually on the pump, not on the tank.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Nov 28 2011 11:04 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #287670 Mon Nov 28 2011 11:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks to have been made by BENNETT. Look under crank handle on base of pump for Manufactures ID Tag.
Looks to be late 40's to early 60's.
When PENNZOIL purchased/bought it they added their tag [could have been done by manufacture].

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Mon Nov 28 2011 11:16 PM.
Dick Bennett #287693 Tue Nov 29 2011 07:35 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks guy's.

It is actually made by the Wayne Pump Co. Model # 90 BS K, serial # 202311. There is a piece of metal I would say the size of a business card welded to the top of the tank stating it was property of pennzoil. With that said, I would like to try and keep it either a Shell or Pennzoil lubester. I suppose I could use a Shell lubester for reference when restoring this? No harm, no foul. Either way it should fit in great with my other stuff.

Thanks again.

Last edited by wisconsinmike; Tue Nov 29 2011 07:36 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved