Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello, I need confirmation on the pumps in this photo and what type of oil this station would have sold knowing the type of gas it sold. We had some weird gas stations in West Jordan, Utah. Any help appreciated. If anyone has better photos of the globes, I sure could use them. Thanks Utahbob WJcurator

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is a link that I posted earlier on the favorite threads topic in this forum hoping you would see it. This will tell you the history of Covey Oil which this station is affiliated with. In 1952 Little America was selling Sinclair products. In this photo my guess is that Covey was a independent and could sell any product he wanted. I don't know if the Little America Hotel is still on South State Street or not but you might check with them and see if you can get some history or be able to contact Earl Holding and see what he can tell you. Mitch
http://www.wyomingtalesandtrails.com/littleamerica.html

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the information, I will check into it. Utahbob

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Somewhere I have some original (?) pump decals for Mobile, they look like the globe on the right.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Jack, thanks for the information, please let me know if you find them. I am also looking for the Mobiles labeled Covey It figures that one of the West JOrdan, Utah station s would be a difficult one.
Utahbob

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved