Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29850 Sun Jun 11 2006 06:40 PM
M
mMike Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I bought my first pump yesterday! I am very excited. I was at a car show a couple of hours from home and I had this old man's phone number. I called him, went to see the pump in his garage. He wanted to install it outside but his wife told him not to, because she was afraid that somebody steal it or damage it. (good for me!) So he kept the pump inside for quite some time then wanted more room in his garage!
Unfortunately, I couldn't brought the pump back with me because my truck and trailer was already full!

The pump is in very good condition but I saw a couple of things that I want to work on.... Now I need your help : It is a Wayne 600 model. Back at home, I looked at my pump books but couldn't find any pics on it. I looked on the internet and on old topics in the forum but I still can't find it. I only see Wayne 60 models.

Anybody could post infos on it, pictures, etc.

On the front (and rear) door, there are several holes in the middle of the door, like if there was chrome trims, or something like it. I know there are four chrome (or s/s?) trims (corners) that are not on the pumps that he will give me with it.

Thank you
mmike

Mike
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#29851 Sun Jun 11 2006 06:49 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I dont have a pic of it but in Jacks book it says they are worth $400 & where made in 1957. Not a bad looking pump hope you get a good deal

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#29852 Sun Jun 11 2006 06:55 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Hi MMike.
Do they look like these??
Ken.

#29853 Sun Jun 11 2006 07:02 PM
M
mMike Offline OP
OP Offline
M
They look like the two in the center yes, but there is no ad glass on top.

I see that yours don't have any holes or trims on the door... I am wondering if these holesare there for something? There are...I would say 8 - 10 of them.

Thanks!
mmike

Mike
#29854 Sun Jun 11 2006 07:25 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Hi again mMike.
Mine did have the trim on the doors, but they were very beat up and I am missing one door on the yellow pump, and I was missing one piece of trim on the remaining door. As you can see on the bottom of the white one, there is a hole that the previous owner (a farmer), made to connect to his fuel tanks, that could be what your holes are for?? Orrr, if they are just small holes, they could be for the pump plates, the small signs on the doors that were screwed on, to distinguish which brand of fuel that particular pump was. Try and post some pics if you can of the pump so all of us can see them, and maybe help you out better. You know Mike, you won't be able to quit at one, these things are habit forming. I do know for sure though, you will have a blast with it. Talk to ya later!
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 06-11-2006).]

#29855 Mon Jun 12 2006 09:09 AM
M
mMike Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the answers. There are small holes on top of the door, just beside the glass where the gas prices and everything are. I believe they used to old signs, trims, etc. There are several small holes but there is not a particular pattern for them so this why I was askin the question...

I should pick it up in a week or two and I will sure post picture of it so everybody can look at it.

Last thing : I know I will not stop at one pump.... I have to call someone else for another one that I have seen!

Thanks again for your time and the answers

mmike

Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved