Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#299858 Wed Jan 25 2012 10:42 AM
R
racer47 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I have a tok 39 that im working on, and I have painted the handles for the door releases. But everytime I turn the two pieces that are rivited together, all the paint comes right off. I did prime and then paint them, so is the paint too thick? Should I just have painted them and not primed? Do guys powder coat them? I was also thinking that I could have them chromed, but they would be the only chrome pieces inside the pump and may look out of place. They just look awful, and they are pretty much the last thing I have to do, I would hate to keep them like this. any ideas or experience would be great. Thanks- John

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
racer47 #299911 Wed Jan 25 2012 04:21 PM
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
I have run into a silimar situation with hinges. It has nothing at all to do with the primer or paint. Basically the pressure and movement make the paint come off. Some of the paint today is very soft and chips easy. Many paint companies have stopped the production of single stage paints. It happens with base clear also. I would try to buff them out to see how they look. Not sure how far you wanna go. Chroming can get expensive. Good luck with your project.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
57tbirdkid #299948 Wed Jan 25 2012 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF there is room, cut a plastic washer from a coffee/Crisco can lid.
Good Luck & QUIT OPENING THE DOOR!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved