Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Most of you probably saw the clock I got yesterday. I was wondering how y'all care for the clocks. Do you leave them running? Or unplug them at a certain time? It would make sense to leave it running because the clock is powered by the cord and not batteries as you'd have to set the clock every time you plug it in. I've had a bad experience with resetting an old clock as the gear broke(it did have plastic gears though)

Last edited by iceCREAMguy; Wed Feb 22 2012 11:36 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If I want to use it to tell time, then yeah, I leave it running. lol- I dont plug all of them in though.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Is there a way to turn the lights off without takin the bulb out?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
some have switches/pull chains. I leave the clock running but leave the light off if I run them 24/7

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mine stays running and lit 24/7 (no switch to turn the light off). Lets me know what time it is and allows me to see if I want to walk through the shop and not turn the overhead lights on (nightlight). Of coarse I like things when the are lighted.
Mike

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Do yall's make noise when it runs? Not a bad noise but sort of a mechanical motor noise. Do you oil the gears?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A drop of oil keeps mine going good.

phpBrfQuuPM (1).jpg

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Those Pam motors eventually stop working (esp. if orig) if making noise. You can get a replacement from Waynes. My 15" Pam was loud and stopped after a couple months with limited success to oil. But those motors are mainly sealed.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
It's a very rhythmic sound. It makes like a clicking noise that slowly gets louder then goes away. Then it starts again every 3 seconds about.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not sealed at all.i just replaced a gear in a square pam clock and it's been working fine.takes a little patience ,but saved the fifty bucks for a new motor.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
G
G
I leave mine on all the time, but I started using the LED bulbs, 3 watts (equals 15 Watt equivalent) and they put out no heat whatsoever. I get the ones from Home Depot.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If you would like the light on the clock to turn on and off you can separate the wires in the back of the clock and add a thumb switch just to turn off the light.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Originally Posted By: gulfoilngas
I leave mine on all the time, but I started using the LED bulbs, 3 watts (equals 15 Watt equivalent) and they put out no heat whatsoever. I get the ones from Home Depot.

I was thinking about that but spending $30 a bulb quickly slapped some sense into my wallet laugh

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
really, that is good to know. I will have to look at that closer as I have another one to repair. thx.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Like Mick says, a new motor is pretty pricey. I scour the Goodwill stores and flea markets, and will buy about any household electric clock the has a "Telechron" motor, ,it will say so on the front. They are only a couple of bucks and the motors are usually interchangable. Just throw away the ones that dont work and you have a cheap replacement.

Norm Huff
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved