Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
The best way seems to be, if you want an item badly enough, find a way to get to the auction and don't trust your luck to the Internet...that is what I will make every effort to do from now on....

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Or find someone you know that is going and send them with $$$ to get it bought for you.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
thats true about begin there in person but when a lot of these auction are in the midwest and livin on the east coast traveling can become pretty expensive one thing for is that the auction houses are lost a lot money with all these missed bids not good for seller but good for buyer . thats my take.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Is it just me or could something simple like this help?

As many auctions for years had phone-in bidders, there was an employee manning the phone. Would not an employee watching a moniter near the auctioneer fulfill a large part of that function??

Maybe not foolproof, but may help.

I think that the house is gaining by attracting bidders that cannot attend (if their bid actually goes through).

However where it is really costing the house and the owner is if the bidder chose to stay home and bid online rather than in person(and their HIGHER bids are not being taken)

Just my 2 cents..

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Rex,
Check out my thread under "Petroliana News" concerning the Aumann Auctions' internet bidding problems. Several more Old Gassers have written to say they had similar problems with internet bidding on both your auction and yesterday's auction.

Paul

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved