Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#310321 Wed Mar 07 2012 05:12 PM
OP Offline
I'm wondering how many people would be interested in attending a show in Fredericktown, Mo? This is a new project I'm working on where we are putting together several trade shows and conventions, and i thought a petro show would be cool because it's something I enjoy. So what do you guys think?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
It takes a lot of work to get a new petroliana swap meet going. You'll have to attend every other petro swap meet in the Midwest to talk to vendors, hand them flyers and put flyers out for buyers to take. Pick a date that doesn't conflict with other petro events or other auto or antique events that could suck buyers and vendors away.

I'd attend as long as it was on a date that would work for me. Let us know how it's going.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
count me in!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would be in as it's not a very far drive for me. But I do agree with Jim I think it would be very hard to get one going.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I was the one that started the Model T Ford swap meet in St. Louis back in the mid-1960s. It is now the longest running meet in the mid-west.

Years ago, guys would ask me, "Why don't you start a petro meet in St. Louis?"

For all the reasons that Jim stated above, plus Fredericktown not being near a large metropolian area, I believe it would be difficult to get another meet going here in the mid-west.

How many of you remember going to the Lawrence, KS swap meet? A great little show, but just a little too far for most people.

With today's gas prices, vendors from over 200 miles away won't be coming, so how many vendors can you expect from within 200 miles of Fredericktown?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved