Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hi all. I am thinking of picking up an alleged original single sided Goodyear porcelain sign. It is 66x24. Has some shots, but decent. The question I have is did all the Goodyear poreclain signs have the manufacturer name on the lower left corner? This sign does NOT. It looks nice, but I am not sure. It is alleged to be from the 1930's. Any help???? Thanks so much....ARA....

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Usually if theyre that size reproductions are not too common. The others on here would like a picture to tell you for sure or not.

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Super apprecaite your reply. Unfortunately I still don't know how to post a picture on the site (I'm embarrassed to say that)...It looks real deal, nice shelving, etc...and not too pretty....Thanks again for your post. Anyone else have an idea on if all the signs had a manufacturer name on it?
Thanks
ARA

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
theres alot of the older ones that dont have anything on them, I passed up a conoco min. man sign because of that same thing and did i ever make a mistake Could of bought it before auction for 200 dollars it sold at auction for 4100 dollars

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ara...some of them I've seen have the manufacturer mark on the back (property of good year)...most repops are smaller signs (most)...not all originals are marked...

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved