Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I like to be fair in any transaction so I did think about selling the sign back but I gave 300 for it and that's what was asked

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Here we go again another member on oldgas.com twisting everything around looking for a lame excuse to justify a morally wrong doing. No I'm not a major stock holder. Why do you bring up dishonest sellers ? My post is about dishonest BUYERS!

Dollars to donuts you are screwing a seller, because they don't know what the item is worth. But you do right !

Maybe you need to read all the rules of your so called wild west show. They are there in black and white, and ALL the conditions need to be met for a auction to end. You'd get your butt kicked right out of a normal auction, trying to pull your six shooter out.

Your exact words. " I applaud your integrity and loyalty to ebay and the buyers and sellers." A sentence or two later you BELITTLE me with your stock holder comment.

Yes you can bet we disagree.

I am so glad I'm almost out of collecting. Like a lot on here, I don't turn the other cheek. I speak out. : )

blacktee #314256 Fri Mar 23 2012 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My intent was not to belittle you. Merely an analogy that your actions were defending ebay like you owned stock. I'm not a dishonest buyer. ( you and others may think I am and I can live with that) I'm smart and have taken the time to educate myself on what some of this stuff is worth. When I see an opportunity on ebay I usually make an offer. Like you I speak out and defend my actions. I may be crass but I don't give a hoot about ebay and their rules.
I'm not screwing the seller. I'm taking advantage of what I have learned (many times the hard way). No I couldn't do this at a normal auction house. Ebay is not a normal auction house. Blacktee, I still applaud your actions. You strongly believe in what you say and that's a good thing.
Good Day

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I think we see both sides pretty clearly and it looks like a perfect agree to disagree times.

bppierce #314269 Fri Mar 23 2012 07:39 AM
S
S
Originally Posted By: bppierce
I think we see both sides pretty clearly and it looks like a perfect agree to disagree times.

I don't agree to that. LOL!

Last edited by screamin flea; Fri Mar 23 2012 07:39 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've never got a refund for something I over paid for! Is that right either? Just saying. Personally I wouldn't ever end an auction early but thats upto the seller and the barely enforced Ebay rules. I've notice that there seems to be a bit of a boys club on these forums, and thats great, but judging people is not right. One of my first posts was a question that over 500 people looked at and only a few replied. I made a comment and got put in my place for being ungrateful. I'm not stupid. I'm sure there were a few wolfs waiting in the shadows for me to list the item so that they could get there hands on it. Hell I even had to research what I had because none of the GOOD OLD BOYS would even share with me any knowledge of what I had. Sounds like a great place to share a love of collecting. I do believe that the majority of us are here to learn and help and hell ya turn a buck or two.

LKYSPADE #314296 Fri Mar 23 2012 10:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know of no one that goes to a show and pays more than what a seller is willing to take....Oh your not asking enough for that...i'm gonna pay you 300 bucks more than what your asking...because I don't want to cheat you.....

If a seller on ebay is willing to sell it for what is being offered and end the auction early...so be it. you could have done the same thing. I use to be against that until items that I wanted were ended early....I have made an offer and have a seller turn me down, only to let the auction run its course and still win it for less than my offer...I guess the seller "screwed" himself? now I guess i'm one of those that "screw" the seller on ebay....how do you screw the seller if he agrees to accept you offer?

"A bird in the hand is worth more that 2 in the bush"..sometimes it's smart to take the sure thing.

Let It go people....who really cares how you got your stuff as long as you didn't steal it!

Greg (bustermonty) you have done nothing wrong in my book>

Last edited by texaspelican; Fri Mar 23 2012 10:16 AM. Reason: we need to punch some more holes ..cause I want cheap gas!

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved