Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have a short top and I am wanting to convert it over to a tall top if you have one and either want to trade my short top for it or sell one outright please let me know.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ebay#170810642033

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah I seen that one Kevin but it looks like it is going to sell for the price of the whole pump sheesh.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
That one is a good deal if it stays where it is. You should scoop it up.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
That sold a little high I thought.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know it probably was a little high, but I've seen them higher and it seems like the price of nice pumps is on the rise?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
I think the last one I sold on ebay brought over 300.00

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well since this is the first time I have looked for one I dont really keep up with the price of them. I am sure another one will pop up soon. I guess they dont make any repops of them?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Still looking for one.

Who makes the repo`s of these?

Last edited by texacokie; Wed Apr 04 2012 03:47 PM.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Not really sure anyone is unless they are scripts.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This would sure be a hot item to repro.....guess I will do some searching in the meantime.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I've done a fair amount of talking with people about reproducing Bennett 541 & Wayne 70 doors. To stamp these out of metal, the dye will cost low six figures. (Going to be a long time before you make your investment back) Therefore fiberglass is the most economical way to go. Even then the doors are still going to be around $200. Ryan and others can sell you a real part cheaper than that (if they have one being the real key) And I know there are others out there making stuff out of ABS.

Its been my very limited experience with fiberglass repros that not many people want fiberglass parts on thier pumps. I've done National A38 tops for a national retailer. Not exactly flying off the shelves. You'd think there would be more demand for it but it just seem like there isn't. Either that or maybe I picked the worng parts to start with. Cuz I agree, script top or add top 80's are cool and I'd like to have one myself.

My 2 pennies.
Mike

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah I knew it was big money for the dye`s to be made but there has got to be a more cost effective way to do it.Hmm I might just have to figure this out!

Last edited by texacokie; Wed Apr 04 2012 11:38 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved