Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

BRING ON THE BLING BOYS! smile

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a good weekend. Picked up the Eveready Mazda easel back and the Francisco self framed tin at the So Cal Gas Bash yesterday and the Early porcelain Fisk flange at a local swap meet this morning.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I picked this set of Stoll Oil Bottles with carrier today (I'm thrilled to add them to my small Stoll collection). I also picked up this Havoline sign.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Picked up this tin tacker:

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow! Dennis, you’re always tough to follow on BOTW!! The Francisco has always been my favorite sign… Here are a few buys from me this week.. The Hastings is NOS, never hung.. The Yale sign is a tin tacker, almost 30” tall. The Spark plug display was an upgrade, but a tough one to find in this condition.

botwc.jpg botwd.jpg botwb.jpg botwa.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I left a couple days early for Dixie Gas and headed down to Midland NC to see Miles Little. He was in a selling mood and wanted to clean out of all his common pumps and parts. I only had a few pumps I was taking to Dixie so I loaded the trailer.

On the way over to Dixie we stopped in Hendersonville and had some good BBQ on the house - some Miles deal - free is always good. I pulled out of the parking lot and was following Miles up Interstate 26, I was up to 70 mph when I saw a business card stuck in my wiper. Oh well, it had not blown out yet so I just kept going but I was wondering about the card, it had some handwriting on it. I tried to stick my head down on the dash and read it but that was not a good idea since I was driving. Went about 45 miles up the road to the Maggie Valley exit to meet a guy. When I stopped I grabbed the card, it read " please before you leave town call me". Well, I left town but I called anyway. The guy answered and said he saw my loaded trailer with pumps at the BBQ joint and he wanted to know if I would be interested in buying one. I had to admit to him that I was 45 miles up the road by now and I asked if he knew what model it was , he didn't. I ask if there was anyway to text me a picture. He did and as you can guess I turned around and went back about 50 miles to his house...way back off the beaten path. you can see the top of it in the above picture, had to do some major reloading of the trailer to fit it on. Could not believe my luck, the card did not blow off and then it was a Wayne 60. Had a ton of offers to buy it at Dixie but it was coming home with me, not for sale.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Before I cleaned it....

AFTER I cleaned it smile

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Couple of pumps from my trip to Colorado; Tokheim 36B and a Frey Tall Ten.

Tokheim 36B 4[1].jpg Frey Tall 10[1].jpg
Last edited by 1937 GMC; Sun Apr 15 2012 07:38 PM.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Got this rare Red Crown sign off Ebay; below is an explanation of Scrip.

Depression scrip was used during the depression era (1930's) as a substitute for government issued currency. Because of the banks closing temporarily and the lack of physical currency, someone had to come up with another form of currency to keep the economy going and a way for trade to continue. Therefore the old idea of local currency was reborn. Paper, cardboard, wood, metal tokens, leather, clam shells and even parchment made from fish skin was used.

Red Crown Scrip 2[1].jpg

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
the best two things I got this week was this Gulf can light and the Kelly Tires convex sign, haven't cleaned it but it should clean up nice

Gulf Light Can.JPG 001.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great buys everyone. I have been out of Iowa the last 3 months and picked up the following items while I was away.

IMG_0652-s.jpg
Bowser doors

IMG_0653-s.jpg
Neptune door

IMG_0649-s.jpg
Tokheim doors

IMG_0651-s.jpg
Globe sign

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I also bought one and a half G&B 86's. I need to put the doors and face plates back on but here is a quick picture

IMG_0648-s.jpg
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I picked these up yesterday.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Great buys, LOVE the Stoll bottles!!!

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great finds everyone, I really like that Defiance spark plug display and crown oil can.

Nice pump Matt, I think you are going to have the market cornered on the Bennett's.LOL

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved