Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hello all,

I restore milkshake mixers, and I'm in need of parts for several Hamilton Beach models I'm refurbishing:

1) I very much need the two speed toggle switch for the single spindle model 18

2) I'd love some extra front nameplates for the three spindle model 40DM.

I'll pay good money either for the parts individually, or if you've got an intact mixer you would sell for parts.

PM or email: brianruns10@hotmail.com

Thanks!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I'm not sure why someone hasnt remade those badges.

I was told by another restorer that they have to buy another good mixer to get a good front badge.

B
OP Offline
B
Yeah, that's what I've had to do in the past as well. The trick is finding intact ones. If they're chipped, it's damn near impossible to repair it.

There was one auction two or three years back where a fellow sold TWO chrome trim pieces with the white nameplate. Both were immaculate, and I'm guessing they were factory original that were never used. Oh for another "horde' like that. I'd pay good, good money for those.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You're gonna cry,as I did.
I used to work at a Country Club during HSchool,30 years ago that had 16 Hamilton beach milkshake mixers.Each bar had 3,and the snack shop had there 3 also.All were issued during the 1950's in avacado & beige colors,and all were triples.
As a kid,I was always respectful of those old mixers still pulling their weight behind each bar there.
Once the internet was the norm,I remembered these as I saw many crying out for them,and their parts especially.
In 2005 I went back there,and told the manager,my old boss,that there was a demand for these and if he still had them.He told me they recently got rid of all those mixers at once,during the major renovation & supplied each bar with new S/S shiney ones.He said I could look downstairs in their storage room to see if there were any left in there.
Sure enough 16 avacado & beige Hamilton Beach mixers,just as I remembered them.I dusted em off,plugged em in,and each one ran.No major chips and all looked complete.The club had their maintenance man take each one apart and clean & oil them every winter during shutdown,to keep him busy.
He did this routine ritual for 55 years.
I told the manager I'll take all of em & said I'd pay $200/$250 for each one including mixing cylinders.They were that nice.
My ole boss always liked me,looked at me and said I could have them all for free,BUT..it was up to me to take them out,once winter time came,and not use club help AND none of the board members were around to see it.
I happily agreed,and came back a few months later during a 20 degree day in February.The place was deserted..
I was met at the back door by the bar mgr.,who didn't understand why I was there.He was there cleaning out each bar,as they do annually.I had a Van,and was ready to move each & every one on my own,up the 3 flights of staircases & out to my Van.
He looked at me and said,John,(the mgr.) never said anything to him about this at all.I told him to call John,on vaca in Puerto Rico,and he'll set you straight.
I proceeded to walk down to the storage room,and there.....
before me.......
was an empty storage room. frown
Dumbfounded,I asked the bar mgr. WHAT HAPPENED!..He said his bar boys were told to clean house that earlier fall,and dumped every single thing into the dumpster out back.They were told to get rid of the old,and make more storage space available.Alas..that dumpster too was empty,as it had been picked up months ago.
I asked him who told him that,and he said the president of the country club told him that.
I called John in Puerto Rico later that day,and he knew nothing about it,but apologized as he knew I wanted em,and did not give the order to do that.
The club had a new board elected that following fall,and the power hungry president took it upon himself to do certain things that the Mgr. should have had knowledge about.He didn't.

Till this day,I've always imagined the sight of that dumpster full of 16 HBeach old world mixers,and wondered if the waste mgmt. guys ever had the hindsight to take them home themselves...sigh.

Last edited by coldpizza; Thu Apr 19 2012 01:07 PM.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Awesome (and sad) story!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Sadly you cant fix stupid, no matter how hard you try.

The lesson here is when you see something, do whatever it takes it get it NOW.

Before they change their mind, before somebody breaks it, before the son in law wants it, before they move, etc

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I had a 40DM I sold to a guy on here for parts. The badge was in MINT condition. I took it off myself and within 10 seconds it started chipping itself. I guess it had been molded to the shape of the mixer for years, and when removed, expanded and chipped. I almost shed a tear....

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Might know where there is one. I'll give the guy your Email.

B
OP Offline
B
Bumping. I REALLY need that toggle switch for the Hamilton Beach Model 18. I'll pay good money. I'll buy a non-functioning mixer if necessary. Please help!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
That looks like a simple toggle switch to find a replacement for. ebay/net has many that look similar.

B
OP Offline
B
Look similar? If it were as simple as getting it on ebay, I wouldn't be here would I? The issue is finding the right switch to match the electrical configuration of the mixer so it functions properly, and I don't electrocute my customer. It's a tough, rare variety I need.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
didnt know it was that complicated.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved