Print Thread
#32151 Thu Sep 30 2004 08:01 PM
P
PLUM_72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I am working with an online paint supplier to try and put together some PPG color chips and formulas numbers for some of the older gas companies. This is a big task and the person Im working with would like to know which brands and colors to begin with. Anyone care to offer a suggestion? My guess would be to begin with the top 5-10 most popular gas companies and their major colors.

This company has a pretty cool site. They show color chips and have the ability to mix just about any color in any paint type and sell online. They have just about all the automotive colors, so I asked if they would put something together for the gas companies. They seemed to have some interest in doing this. Color formula numbers seem to be a common question, so maybe this will help some of you. Check out the site www.autocolorlibrary.com

------------------
-Dave-
Slowly progressing on a '54 Tokheim 39

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#32152 Fri Oct 01 2004 03:35 AM
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Dave,

Thanks for the link. I hope you are able to get them to do this for you. It would be a good resource for all of us, I'm sure.

Personally, I'm doing a Gilbarco 96c (short) in Mobil Special. The closest red I could find was 1962 Chevrolet Roman Red. I've got the sides and top painted and it's an extremely close match. Just waiting on the doors to be finished. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Thanks Dave.

Mac

#32153 Fri Oct 01 2004 05:48 AM
Autocolorlibrary.com has an awesome archive of auto paint reference materials. If they put the effort into it, I'm certain they can build a gas pump color service. Remember, most of the current gas pump restoration parts vendors can help you with colors. Also, there is also an online vendor that specializes in gas pump colors: http://www.gaspumpcolor.com/

More links to other suppliers and services are in the Oldgas.com Web Directory. Click "Links" at the top of this page.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved