Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#331574 Thu Jun 07 2012 07:38 PM
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Interested in a 30" or 42" Red Crown sign. I'd like it to be in 7/8 or better condition. Single & Double sided considered. Feel free to email me pics and asking prices to dodger2846@aol.com. Thanks

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
btt

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
No wonder I'm having a hard time finding one...nobody is parting with them...lol. They have been on ebay constantly but all have been in " shot up" condition.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What do you think of this one? Accepting offers?

Looking for Johnson anything and Ca gas signs and ?
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just a heads up for what it's worth...
I was surfing Craigslist today and ran across this EXACT picture. Funny thing is I know the collector who has it listed on CL and it's NOT 983jeremy (from what I know). I sent a PM to 983jeremy previously asking where the sign is at as I was interested. PM response... $1,100 is the best offer I have received so far.

IMO...makes more sense to buy it from the collector I know who actually owns the sign and save $300 because the asking price on CL is $800.

??????

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow.....another joker who is afraid to learn his life lesson like a real man. How do you expect to learn anything in life hiding behind a computer screen waiting for picker moment like this.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have spoken to the owner of the sign by telephone and it is NOT the person stating that the best offer they have received is $1,100. This is a perfect example why the "Collectors" have issues with some of the "Pickers" and their antics.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
1937 GMC #334755 Tue Jun 19 2012 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What is it with all these individuals wanting to make a buck without stepping up and spending the money?

Nothing wrong with making money, just please kindly ensure whatever it is that you are selling; that you in fact own it! How can you offer to sell something if it's not yours to sell?

Another one bites the dust! I guess reputations mean nothing to some. I'm sure if someone advertised one of of his display lubesters for sale as their own. He would be the first to cry foul.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
1937 GMC #334813 Tue Jun 19 2012 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: 1937 GMC
This is a perfect example why the "Collectors" have issues with some of the "Pickers" and their antics.

...oh, just one of many issues confused

...hopefully Eric can get the sign from the collector, and cut out the middleman...it looks like a fairly priced sign, and pretty clean, too...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice clean sign.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice sign, I hope you get it Eric.

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
LC 336 #334961 Wed Jun 20 2012 10:48 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Oh I wish I could just sit at a computer screen and buy the best pieces without doing anything but writing a check. Some of us, like my self are not as fortunate to do so, but if I had the money and found a sign I really like I would have to pay up for it as some of you are willing to do without doing anything more then searching this site. Most of you wouldn't have the signs or pumps you do if it wasn't for pickers and painters to do the work for you. That is great because it is individuals like urself that keeps me in business.
As for the sign....
I was really interested in another sign that Bill had, a great guy that was willing to share his collection with me. It's amazing in my opinion and Bill and his wife are A+ people. Yes I was hoping to offset my time and expenses with a 2 hour drive each way by buying two signs and keeping one. Which I'm positive not one of you have ever done! Not to mention the time of crating and shipping a sign, for $300 margin, thats pretty cheap for more then a days work, or less then what i would charge in my shop. If we all do this for fun lets just trade some signs straight across. I don't think that will happen.
The sign was not in the near 9 condition that it appears to be in "his" picture but more around a 6. So no deal could be made but I met a good new gas friend.

Mr. Chevyss man.
Thank you for your police like research on the Red Crown sign. If anything I just saved you 500-600$ once you bought and had a sign shipped to your residence only to find it was not in the condition as what you expected it to be. But you keep up you amazing talents of keyboard research, this hobby would be lost without people like you informing others as to such valuable info. What might you want to sell me for the exact price you paid for it?

Dave, if you would like to Sell a display lubesters as one of your own please feel free, this is a hobby that I enjoy and building neat things, not my mark on life.

By no means are my intentions to mislead anyone, I handle business with professionalism and ethics. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
Jeremy

Looking for Johnson anything and Ca gas signs and ?
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
wow...is all I can say. If anyone can send me some info on the REAL seller of this sign that would be appreciated...Thank you

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeremy--I understand your rationale but it is still "WRONG" to try and sell something that you don't own! Don't come off all arrogant with these people that have pointed out your actions for whatever reason! What you did is "WRONG" and that kind of action will only serve to darken your reputation.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Interesting comment there,"let's just trade some signs straight across.I don't think that will happen".Sir,I can positivly,without any question assure you that it does indeed happen.In my experience,when you want something really scarce,the only way you will get it is to trade something just as scarce of close to equal value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved