Veteran Member
Patience grasshopper....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Just found out after 10 auctions have ended in the past two days that PayPal is now locking up the funds for up to 21 days and will not release them until at least 7 days after the items have been received by the buyer. That's totally ***** if you ask me so I have cancelled any remaining auctions on eBay and will avoid eBay and any of their affiliate companies such as PayPal from here on.

If there was something you were bidding on or had interest in you can send me an offer in a PM as most of the items that were listed on eBay are still available. The Diesel Chief and Sky Chief signs as well as the small porcelains and oilers are all sold and most have already shipped. Nothing more will ever be listed on eBay due to their stupid new rules being instituted where they can lock up funds to earn interest on peoples money.

On another note, one guy bought three items from me on Wednesday and paid separate shipping on the 3 lots at $20 each before I could send him a combined invoice. I combined the 3 lots into one package and shipping was only 20.00 so I logged into PayPal and refunded 40.00 for shipping (just trying to be honest with the guy) and Paypal even took an extra $2 out of that refund and sent the guy 38.00 as the refund for yet another commission. What a bunch of freakin crooks they are!

NO MORE!

Last edited by GasCan; Sat Jun 30 2012 12:57 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You have to have 30 feedbacks as a seller in order for PayPal not to hold your funds.

If you just sent the guy the money, they will take their cut. If you click "Refund" on the Paypal payment page instead, they will put back the fee charged to you on that portion and refund the full amount to the buyer.

By refunding from the payment page, you cover yourself if any complaint is made by the seller. The transaction record then clearly includes the refund. In a combined shipping situation, refund a portion of at least 2 or all three items on each of their Paypal payment pages. This puts the seller in a good light in case anything comes up later about any the sales.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The only reason people do business with e-Bay and paypal is because there are no other choices. Their policies are one sided and the sellers are constantly kept at a disadvantage. Their preferential treatment of sellers is clearly evident.

Not to mention that in the pursuit of profit they turn a blind eye to the whole issue of reproduction/fantasy items.

When companies hold monopolies it is difficult to hold them to a standard of customer service that is fair to all stake holders.

Much like Canadian cell phone companies. We pay the highest rates in the world, for the worst plans in the world. I think, I'm venting now....sorry.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Right on the money Dave!

GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
You got that right Dave. I had an old account on eBay that had over 400 transactions with 100% feedback and closed it years ago over eBay's monopolies as soon as they forced you to use PayPal. Two years later in 2010 I opened a new account to buy a few items for my 55 Chev and couldn't reopen my old account and was forced to start a new one. I then started a new PayPal account and have 55 transactions with 12 sales completed and they never held back funds before. Today I go and look and here's this new thing they've instituted so they can sit on everyone's cash, lock it up for almost a month and make nothing but interest from millions of dollars in PayPal cash flow. Pure BS if you ask me.

I emailed showing that I had an old account with over 400+ feedback's from 2003 to 2008 and that didn't matter one iota to them. Needless to say I'll be closing both accounts once these last few transactions are done.

GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
If you just sent the guy the money, they will take their cut. If you click "Refund" on the Paypal payment page instead, they will put back the fee charged to you on that portion and refund the full amount to the buyer.

By refunding from the payment page, you cover yourself if any complaint is made by the seller. The transaction record then clearly includes the refund. In a combined shipping situation, refund a portion of at least 2 or all three items on each of their Paypal payment pages. This puts the seller in a good light in case anything comes up later about any the sales.

Jim,

I believe I did do that from the sales page as I did open the payment invoice and clicked refund right from there. I hit submit after I was done informing the customer of the refund in the window provided and once it sent through, I saw on the statement that PayPal took a fee from that 40.00 refund sent to the buyer.

I've since logged back in and it now shows that the fee has been reversed so I did do it right and the buyer got the full $40 back now. At least they did one thing right. (lol)

Last edited by GasCan; Sat Jun 30 2012 02:56 PM.
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Just got off the phone with a gentleman from Massachusetts who's now spoken for the Marine White sign and have agreed to sell it to him. This was the last of the signs I had listed in this post and it has now been sold. (pending funds)

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Are you or are you not double nickle restorations on ebay ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved