Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34214 Sat May 05 2001 06:18 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Seeking information on an old Bowser pump. General information and the proverbial about what's it worth as is or refinished. Is there a place I can see a complete one. I read many posts for general knowledge and thank all the contributors.

Thanks

(edit to make image appear)

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 05-06-2001).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#34215 Sat May 05 2001 08:28 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your Bowser pump dates betweem 1905 and 1910. Bowser made a number of this style of pump and identifing all of them is sometimes a little difficult. Because your pictures show the handle side of the pump and not the outlet side I cannot tell if it is a gas or kerosene pump. I have a similar one that I purchased at a a auction for $150.00 restored. There isn't much interest in these pump unless they have something to make them stand out. I always remind people of this: When you have a restored visible pump in front of your garage, a friend might say, "That's a neat gas pump." But if you have a pump like you have sitting in front of the garage, the friend would probably say, "What's that thing out there?"

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#34216 Sat May 05 2001 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your Bowser is a Cut Number 242 Long Distance Pump. It was made in 1912. Here's a quote from their literature. "This system is designed for storing and distributing gasolene (or oil) in connection with public or private garages, factories, mills etc. It provides for the storing of liquid underground in a cylindrical metal tank, buried outside of and any distance from the building."
It was originally finished in red emanel with nickel trimmings for volatiles and black enamel for non-volatiles.

Give me your mailing address and I'll send you a photo. Ron Scobie rscobie@gaspump.com

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved