Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Originally Posted By: Globes and Signs
Yeah and that other member also posted "just get it" meaning to buy the sign then posted later about it being 30% too high. By the way he was the sameone that said a single sided neon sign was worth 15k! Then when he was made aware of the sign being single sided he dropped his value to 3500-4500.....So that gives no credibility to you or him.

I'm not looking for an arguement, I just don't understand why people post if they don't know the answer. Bad information is WORSE than no information at all.

Bottom line is any Red Crown flanges you see in mint condition for 700, please buy them and I will let you double your money off me for as many as you can find.

And not to get off the original topic as there are hundreds of signs that are repops that are dated.

I'm not taking up for anyone but myself here but if you wanna talk about me then om me and tell me. I misread the post at first. And I am pretty good at my pricing and research and can only tell you what it would bring in my area in current times. But i don't need you bashing my credibility or comparing me to someone else. So before you post about me or refer to me you need to think twice please. Opinions vary and so do prices and I don't remember seeing the book you wrote on values nor authenticity. Thanks for posting though.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Obviously you aren't reading my entire post as you are omitting the words "as far as I know," and I followed that up with my more solid observation that the sellers other items are legitimate, which no one else seemed to notice before I did.

And I promise. I haven't made money in this business by divulging where I get my pieces from. I don't know anyone with a flange in mint condition. I do know a great guy with a Red Crown flange that is about a 5.5-6 for $400 ish.

Why don't you go read that post? I never said I knew where to get a mind flange. I said I have seen the Red Crown Polarine signs go for less than the $1,200.

You are very correct when you say you don't know me.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
But the guy was asking for a price on a near mint sign not some 5.5-6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
If you thought a complete sign was worth 15k, how is a single side only worth 3500-4500?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow. I am going to assume you just aren't bothering to read my post entirely.

I SAID I WAS BASING IT OFF MY EXPERIENCE AND I HAD SEEN POLARINES SELL FOR LESS THAN THAT. A POLARINE IS AN EQUIVALENT OR MORE COLLECTIBLE THAN A RED CROWN FLANGE TO ME.

THE ONLY REASON I BROUGHT UP THE FLANGE IS TO COMPARE PRICING. IF I CAN GET A 6 FOR $400 I AM CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO TRIPLE THAT FOR A 10. AGAIN A DIFFERENCE IN OPINION AND SOURCES.

Eddy Smith
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
You are correct, thanks for setting me straight I appreciate the insight.

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Well.... I may be wrong as usual but if I'm buying half of a sign I'm not paying half of value of a complete sign. If you do then I have a few to sell ya. Do you pay half value for a globe that's missing a lense? Cause I dont! I'll make sure and ask ya before I post a value again since you are obviously the expert and wanna run your mouth about me.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I just looked at your website Jon. Obviously after seeing that I have learned you are used to pricing stuff at the high end. The very, very high end. That seems to be where our difference on the pricing is coming from.

I can however, certainly appreciate you making know the fact that repops are sold dated sometimes. That is true and I have no issue with you bringing it up.

I just don't like to be corrected on my opinion. As an opinion is just that.

Eddy Smith
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
You are correct, thanks for setting me straight I appreciate the insight.

Last edited by Globes and Signs; Fri Jul 20 2012 09:44 PM.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Sorry Notchcad, didn't mean for you to be drug into the topic. I wasn't trying to bash you or compare you to anyone.

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
All is good sir!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Globes and Signs

I'm not looking for an arguement, I just don't understand why people post if they don't know the answer. Bad information is WORSE than no information at all.

So True, there is someone giving values now who just a couple weeks ago was posting daily on the Values forum asking values of anything from rusted thru common pump plates to rusty oil cans, Now he's an expert giving off the wall values. It's getting to a point where you just get speachless and shake your head.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

[/quote]

So True, there is someone giving values now who just a couple weeks ago was posting daily on the Values forum asking values of anything from rusted thru common pump plates to rusty oil cans, Now he's an expert giving off the wall values. It's getting to a point where you just get speachless and shake your head. [/quote]

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!!!!

John's a great seller with a vast knowledge of what he's selling.. Value his opinion, he knows what he's saying.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
X2

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved