Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Just looked at the pump today and it appears to be the same color of light green porcelain that I have seen on some National pumps. It does have one Associated ad glass left that has the winged A with ETHYL to the left of it and GASOLINE to the right. Its on page 152 of Jack's book... he says this is the last pump that Dayton made and has a value of $300. My question is.... did they make very many of these pumps in porcelain and roughly how much more would it be worth than a regular model 1520?
Thanks for your help.... bob

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Good morning Bob, To me any good porcelain pump is worth any where from 550.00to 750.00except for the A-38 is more , with the one add glass you can add an other 250.00 for that glass , so for you to make an offer , and its not chipped up to bad , start at 550.00 . were you going to hide this one?? at hubbas .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ad glass might be worth $25-45. Dwaine has got A-38 Ad price in there. Dwaine's got Louise on his mind, Not pumps [must have had a BRAIN F____ unloading that pump yesterday]

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thanks Dick , your right I was thining of the A-38 , that louise don't talk back , except to Frankie , gimme that clicker , no.

H
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Thanks for the answers Dwaine and Dick.... just realized you 2 guys have the same initials...DB... your real last names wouldn't be Cooper would they.... that could explain how you guys get your gas pump money.
The guy is still using the pump, so if I can talk him out of it I will have to find him a replacement... too bad Hubba lives on the wet side of the state I wouldn't want the porcelain to get all rusty... guess I'll just have to hide it behind the 60.
The same guy has a clock face made by the Pennsylvania Pump Co.... according to Jack's book they were all called Penometers, but I couldn't find that name anywhere on the pump.. it looks like the one he says was made in 1935 and had the sight glass on the side at the top..... Thanks again... bob

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Huskybob, if your'e not on the wet side then you must be in the NW. I thought the PNW was west of the coast mountains.
Dwaine are you east of Sepulveda?? always heard there wasnt any (you know what) east of Sepulveda...LOL...DoDoGaS

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I dont have to shovel rain. Youre welcome to "hide" anything in my garage if you want too. LOL Have a great day guys - Im off to work now.
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
H
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Geez Dodo... thanks for bursting my bubble... your just too good at your geography. But you do have to admit that PNW sounds alot better than Inland Empire.... Big Bend Country..... or Channeled Scab Lands..... just too bad I'm not closer to the Palouse or the Okanogan country.
Hubba.... I've never heard the shovel rain line before... thats a good one, but boy when it does snow on your side... look out.... and stay off the freeways.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved