Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35273 Mon Aug 25 2008 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Tokheim 300 is one of my Favorite Pumps, here is a Picture of Mine.

Jason @ Esse's Garage.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#35274 Mon Aug 25 2008 06:25 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I just got through rigging and restoring a T300 for my backyard fueling system. As soon as I find the right leather for the meter, I am going to be pumping with this pump. Do the electrolysis, I had success with it. It will be great to see the results of your work!

Antique? It's new to me.
#35275 Mon Aug 25 2008 07:05 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
"Better start emptying out the garage cause soon you will have more of em!"

Probably unlikely as most pumps seem to be in the hands of collectors or long gone now. It's been decades since any have been made. I got my 300 in 1988 and have not had an opportunity to get another since.

Antique? It's new to me.
#35276 Mon Aug 25 2008 09:09 PM
skynyrd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all of the replys everyone..

mike's48 - I saw that post a few weeks back. It goes into pretty good depth and has tons of information. I keep looking around at this site, and learn all kinds of new and useful information. There are some nice and knoledgeable people around here, and I can only hope my pump looks as good as everyone else's that has posted here when I'm done..

I think im going to go for the electrolysys after all on this pump.. Its the cheap way of doing it, and I don't have to have to be in a hurry to re-primer the panels after I do it either.. just one skin at a time.. sounds ok with me.. lol. Now for finding a barrel.. I believe the car wash down the street uses 30 gal barrels, and i have seen people picking them up before.. don't know if I can skin both ends of the panel with them though.. but I guess I can try it. 55 gal barrels seem in short supply around here.

tallrick: Yeah, thats what I was thinking.. They'll always be pumps out there to be had, but I think the "classic" ones are getting harder to find. I put a ad in a local sales website a couple of weeks ago, and someone told me of a guy selling these on the side of the road (1 week before the 127 yard sale). I looked at this pump, and was almost ready to buy it, and then I said "Nah, its not worth that much". Well, the next week i traveled along the 127 route, and most pumps wern't worth what they were asking (to me at least) and the ones that I could make a deal on were rusted out really bad.. So I decided to go back and see this guy. I can see the potential in the thing, just gotta get out there and fix er up..

[This message has been edited by skynyrd (edited 08-25-2008).]

MS80 pump in restoration
#35277 Tue Aug 26 2008 04:19 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
skynyrd,
Is there a LINE-X co. around you near by?
The co. here will give you the 55 gal. metal drums if you ask and carry them away. They go thru about 4 to 6 a week. All you have to do is cut the tops out and wash the barrels out.
Good luck and just remember...this is your pump build it the way you want it and enjoy showing it off! I have already and people love to share stories of years back and thats what I like the most.(same goes for my '48 Chevy pick-up)
Mike

#35278 Tue Aug 26 2008 05:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Talk to the car guys... most know of places that will strip your junk.
Sometimes it is a lot faster & less work.
Just drop off and get it later after you have worked on the rest of the pump.
I had a REVERE light pole done for about $75.00.....dipped and blasted...it was ROUGH!!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
#35279 Wed Aug 27 2008 08:44 PM
skynyrd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys...

I was just wondering.. When you all do electrolsys, how long does it take before the paint come off of the panel? most of my outside panels' paint is still holding pretty well, (I have a few rust spots). The inside has a light rust covering on almost all of the panels.. So I thought that I may try to do aircraft stripper, and then electrolsys, if this speeds up the process..

As far as doing a whole panel.. I would have to flip my panel (I could do a little more than half of the panel at once). From what I have seen on the net, this process will do both sides of the part(or panel) where it is dipped. I was just wondering if you guys have to turn the panel on the other side to get that paint/rust, and then flip updside down, then flip again...

MS80 pump in restoration
#35280 Thu Aug 28 2008 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
tallrick,not at all unlikely!there are still lots of pumps out there that are not in the hands of "collecters"(i have found,and bought 2 fry 5 gal visables,a milwaukee visable.total cost on the three $275.00).you just have to get out and look for em!i have only been doing pumps and stuff for about 5 years and have found at least 50 of em.yes many were not for sale,but many of them were.and that doesnt even compare to what some guys have found.they do not just fall in your lap!either the glass is half full or half empty,just depends on how ya look at it.

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 08-28-2008).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved