Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
A picker form California stopped by today on his way back. He had just bought a wayne 60 minus all exterior panels for $100. The guy he bought it from said it fell off a guys trailer and he never stopped so he grabbed it. Anyway I swear I seen that one at Iowa Gas this year on a trailer out front of the hotel. It was one of the Colorado guys, it was blue with red underneath and he had all the panels but they were unbolted and kept elsewhere. Anyway I have the guys number and he will stay in Denver tonight if it is yours, maybe he would cut you a deal to buy it back. My phone is 402-984-9269. I may be wrong but I am almost sure it was at Iowa Gas, it was marked like $2000.

Coryell 70/Nebraska items wanted
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yea, there was a skeleton 60 in front of the hotel from Colorado. But I think I seen a sold sign on it by thursday afternoon. Don't know who had it

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Look in the value section LC 336 has post for Wayne 60 parts. They're blue with red underneath & he's a Colorado guy, it may be the panels to yhe frame.

Cliff

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If it fell out of a moving trailer, I would think that it would be pretty obvious that it had fallen out of a trailer. There would be plenty of visible damage; the base or whatever part of the pump that hit the pavement first would be showing signs of the impact. Considering that a Wayne 60 base and frame would weigh more than sixty pounds. It doesn't take much for a cast iron base or the aluminum shoulders to break.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
It had deep scrathes on the one side. It did look like it slid off a low trailer because neither shoulder was broke. It would have fell off it would have ben busted to hell.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I can't help but laugh, people wont stop to help if youre dying on the side of the road, but if they see a Wayne 60 laying there...rrrrrrr! The tires are screatchin buddy! hahaha Cant blame you, good luck hunting! Goober smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It fell off Lee Crowder's LL336 trailer. they spent a couple hrs looking for it, but someone had picked it up.
I have left messages on All his phones.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Mon Sep 03 2012 03:46 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lee is ON IT

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Lmao! Hey lee! Found it! Lol!!!!

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
That definately fall under the "You ain't gonna believe this" category! Small world isn't it? Hope Lee still has the parts he had posted!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Champlinman called me this afternoon about this and I didn't really remember what Lee's pump looked like. I didn't pay that much attention to it after I heard the price! LOL! I didn't have Lee's number handy so he said he would post this on oldgas. I don't get on here much anymore so I don't know if this littering incident was covered publicly. Today is the first I heard of it! But it sounds like Lee might be getting his pump back!
I don't know the person who bought this roadkill but I do know of them. So if Lee gets his pump back it says a lot about their character and that of the community we are all part of. I hope you get your pump back Lee.
And if you do...I found your keys...C-man found your pump...which ironically where on the same trailer at some point..so I'm thinking neither of us should have to buy a beer at our own expense next year in Des Moines. LOL!
Hope this all comes to a good and fair conclusion.

L
L
This is Cynthia, The Picker Chick, I have my driver out in the Mid West pickig up stuff for me. I had a guy call me on a skeletin gas pump. I had my driver pick it up, it was a Wayne 60. A short while later, I get a call from Lee Crowder, who I know, asking about the pump. I told him how I came across the guy who sold it to me. I only paid the guy $100.00 for it. I am glad that I was the one to find Lee and Lori's pump for them and my driver is dropping it off to Lee's first thing in the morning in Denver. Even though it fell off of Lee's trailer it is still in pretty good shape. I had big plans for your pump Lee. You should be hearing from my driver somewhere between 8-9 am.
Cynthia

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Kudo's to you Picker Chick, Nice job. Mitch

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You folks are great!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HEY EVERYONE, HAS THIS EVER BEEN A STRANGE STORY.
DB CALLS A COUPLE DAYS AGO JUST TO BS. FOR SOME REASON I TOLD HIM ABOUT LOOSING THAT PUMP ON THE HI WAY ON THE WAY HOME FROM IOWA GAS.
THE PUMP WAS LAYING FLAT ON A LOW TRAILER AND I COULD NOT SEE IT IN THE REAR VIEW.
ANYWAY WITH IN SECONDS OF IT SLIDING OFF I WAS TOLD IT HAD FELL OFF BY SOME GUYS IN A CAR THEY SAID IT JUST HAPPENED SECONDS AGO. I WAS BACK AT THE EXACT POINT IN LESS THAT 3-5 MINUTES, AND IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. THEY TOLD ME EXACTLY WHERE IT STOPPED WITH IN 5 YARDS. WHEN WE COULD NOT FIND IT WE SPENT A FEW HOURS SCOURING THE ROAD SIDES LOOKING FOR IT THINKING I MAY HAVE MIS UNDERSTOOD WHERE THEY SAID IT WAS.

YESTERDAY I WAS AT MY NEPHEWS HAVING A COLD BEER AND BBQ WITH FAMILY THINKING IT DON’T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. THEN I GET A CALL FROM DB SAYING THAT SOMEONE HAS SPOTTED MY PUMP ON A PICKERS TRAILER HEADED THROUGH DENVER ON ITS WAY TO CALIFORNIA. I COULDN’T DIAL THE PHONE FAST ENOUGH TO GET THE INFO FROM TODD AKA 'CHAMPLINMAN' HE GAVE ME THE DRIVERS PHONE NUMBER SO I CALLED AND LEFT MESSAGE. IN THE MEAN TIME DB WAS CONTACTING TOM AKA 'DUNDIGN' VIA E MAIL WHILE I WAS TRYING TO REACH HIM ON HIS CELL PHONE TO SEE IF HE WOULD KNOW WHO THEY WERE. TOM SENT A NUMBER TO A LADY NAMED CYNTHIA. I CALLED HER AND LEFT MESSAGE SHE CALLED BACK IN MINUTES.
ONCE I HEARD HER VOICE AND REALIZED I KNEW WHO SHE WAS I BREATHED A SIGH OF RELIEF KNOWING THAT SHE WOULD DO NOTHING BUT THE RIGHT THING.
I EXPLAINED THE SITUATION OF LOOSING THAT PUMP, AND SHE TOLD ME HOW SHE CAME ACROSS IT. WE THEN LAUGHED AND SAID WHAT WERE THE ODDS. I TOLD HER I WOULD MEET THE DRIVER ANY WHERE ON THE HI WAY TO RETRIEVE THE PUMP. HOWEVER GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND HER ALREADY GENEROSITY OF OFFERING TO GIVE IT BACK TO ME, SHE DIDN’T WANT ME TO MEET THE DRIVER, SHE WANTED TO DELIVER IT TO MY DOOR STEP AND THAT SHE DID.
THE DRIVER WAS HERE LIKE CLOCK WORK, ANOTHER OUTSTANDING PERSON.
LONG STORY SHORT I WAS SICK ABOUT LOOSING THE PUMP, BUT MORE THAN GETTING THE PUMP BACK I WAS GLAD TO SEE THE KINDNESS SHOWN BY CYNTHIA.
AFTER TALKING TO HER I NEVER HAD A DOUBT IN MY MIND SHE WOULD HAVE IT HERE THE NEXT DAY.
A HUGE THANKS TO CYNTHIA AKA 'PICKER CHICK' ON E BAY AND 'LUKE637638' ON OLD GAS.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE ONLY DAMAGE WAS TO ONE SHOULDER THAT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS GRINDER MARKS ON IT, NO BREAKS IN THE BASE AND THE FRAME RAILS ARE SQUARE AND STRAIGHT.

wayne homeMMMMMMMMMM 012 (2).jpg wayne homeMMMMMMMMMM 011 (2).jpg wayne homeMMMMMMMMMM 010 (2).jpg wayne homeMMMMMMMMMM 009 (2).jpg

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Great story, and plenty of good people willing to help.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Unbelievable. Great story.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Lee, your CAP LOCK is Stuck, turn keyboard over & drop on Floor to Un-stick!

That's not Grinder Marks, it's ROAD RASH. Leave pump Unrestored as a reminder to Double Strap all pumps laying down.

Big BBQ at Lee's next year before Iowa Gas?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Big BBQ at Lee's next year before Iowa Gas?

I should be able to make that...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Amazing turn of events.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DEF A COOL STORY THERE! smile

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Wow.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This one will be talked about for years to come!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Cograts Lee!(and Picker Chick!) Even my wife has been asking me to update her on this story so she could see how it ended!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It really is a small world especially when everybody works together!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Way to go Cynthia!

Glad Oldgas.com could be part of the network that made a happy ending to an odd story.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HEY YOUR ALL ON, BBQ AT MY HOUSE AND PLENTY OF REFRESHMENTS.
NEXT YEAR ON THE WAY TO IOWA GAS, IF WE PLAN EARLY ENOUGH MAYBE FOLKS COULD ROUTE THEIR WAY THROUGH DENVER EVEN IF IT'S A LITTLE OUT OF THE WAY. I HAVE A HUGE BASEMENT FOR OVERNIGHTERS, DB HAS DIBS ON THE BED ROOM THOUGH. LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lee,
IF WE ALL follow you home after Iowa Gas for a BBQ, WE could SELL ya back ANYTHING that fell off the trailer.
That would be EASIER than telling Lorie "yes I bought a gas pump, but I lost it on way Home"!

C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
You could not even write this story. What are the odds this pickup and trailer shows up at my house to look at another item and I recognize that pump not knowing it was even being looked for. Once I learned it was found in Des Moines after falling off a trailer by some other guy I posting it on Old Gas to see what happens. Then having DB know the colorado person I was talking about and calling him. On top of that the pump was on its way to Denver where Lee lives. It shows alot about Cynthia's character to return it to Lee. She was under no obligation to do so since some guy just sold it to her but it was the right thing to do. The odds of these events are millions to one but it made an awesome story to be retold for years. Lee, glad to see it all work out for you and I will see you in Iowa next year. Todd.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DB,
THAT'S HILARIOUS, I SHOWED MY WIFE THE POST AND SHE COULDN’T STOP LAUGHING, AND TELLING EVERYONE WE KNOW ABOUT THE POST. LOL

TODD
YOUR RIGHT YOU JUST CANT WRITE THIS STUFF, AND CYNTHIA HAD NO OBLIGATION TO GIVE IT BACK.
BUT SHE DID NOT HESITATE ONE BIT, SHE WANTED ME TO HAVE IT BACK.
SHE'S A SWEET GAL AND HONEST AS THE DAY IS LONG.
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HEADS UP TODD, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
LEE, done a lot of business with Cynthia and she is as good as gold.... LEE PLEASE DO NOT GO INTO THE PUMP HAULING BUSINESS... GLAD I COULD HELP... Tom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF he does Tom, wouldn't be worth our time & fuel just to follow him around, picking up stuff off of interstate. He will be using 2-3x as many straps NOW.

Still hard to believe that he never Posted or said anything till the day before, about LOSING a pump off trailer on way home from Iowa Gas!

I think he should do a Reenactment of it sliding off trailer for a YouTube Video!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lee [aka: McGuiver], Did you tie it on w/ McGuiver [Duct]Tape?
Ever notice he always had enough & was able to UN-Roll it?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
AHHH!!!!!! TOM YOU JUST BLEW MY NEXT BIG JOB IDEA.

I WAS GOING TO APPLY FOR A JOB WITH YOU AS A DRIVER GOING OUT PICKING UP PUMPS FOR YA!!!

THE FAST AND FURIOUS MOVERS, SOMETIMES THEY MAKE SOMETIMES THEY DON'T.

THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jarvisized Has been Replaced w/ Crowderized!
I better pack a Tent & Cot on next trip to Iowa Gas, IF I go thru Denver!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved