Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#35672 Fri Sep 02 2005 11:04 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Need some help here. I bought a globe last Oct. off ebay. I got a call in May of this year the globe might be stolen. I worked with the State police in getting the info. they needed to help put this guy away. I got a call this monday from the state police and he told me the guy got 1 year and $8000 in fines.
Here is were i need your help... the police said the farmer wants to buy the globe back because it has family history. They gave the farmer my number and he called and i told him i have $300 in it. He wants to give me $150 and me take a loss of $150 and he wants the globe. What should i do? This really sucks in a bad way!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#35673 Fri Sep 02 2005 11:55 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
JJ in my opinion , I think you have gone above and beyond the call of duty, you did everything morally right and now your willing to let this guy buy back the globe , if this guy says theres family history then it should be worth what you payed for it to get it back,lets face it, if you payed 300 for my property then it should be worth at LEAST the same price if I want to buy it back , a lesser of a person would of said to bad your not getting it back or told the guy a lie and said I payed 500.00 for it and if you want it thats the price.Also did his Insurence pay him off, the globe must have been stolen with a lot of other stuff because nobody go's to Jail for a year for stealing a 300.00 globe . I think this man is trying to take advantage of your sympathy. You've done the right thing all along hold to your price. stiffing you for 150.00 is the same thing as stealing , again this is my opinion . One things for sure This guy could take a lesson from you on being Honorable.

Chris Holt
#35674 Fri Sep 02 2005 12:23 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Here's my worthless opinion: The guy who stole it should pay you 300.00 or whatever value you put on it. In other words, he should buy it back from you and return it to the rightful owner.

#35675 Fri Sep 02 2005 01:20 PM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Chris, He stole lighting rod and weather vanes from many farms. It was him and a cousin i think. I have put a call into the Michigan State police and see if he got paid... from the $8000 fines or insurance. I have $280 in it right now as we speak. one part of me says yes it's stolen and it belongs to him but the other part says i bought it not knowing it was stolen and had to buy a new capco body for it and cleaned it and have had it for almost a year now and i should keep it.

#35676 Fri Sep 02 2005 01:51 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
John,

I would say that you have done alot above the call of duty also. If the guy wants it back and says it has family value then it should be worth what you have in it. It is a bad situtation but if someone stole something from me, sold it and I actually found the guy that bought it I would be glad to buy it back at the price that was paid for. Most of these cases go unresolved and everyone loses all involved. If it were I and he wanted it back for what I had in it I would consider. I would not take the loss on it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks, Phil

Thanks, Phil
#35677 Fri Sep 02 2005 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, you last line of the original post sums it up I'd say.

I don't want to sound like a ??? here but I'm surprised the call was not like "we have found that you are in the possession of property previously stolen from Mr. X. by soon to be inmate # X. You must return it to the original owner" and nobody would care if you paid $1000 for it or found it along the road, you would be S.O.L.

I thought that's the way the law worked in this situation. I'm glad it did not go down that way for your sake, please don't take this the wrong way and I'm not saying that's what's fair or anything, I'm just saying.
Good luck

#35678 Fri Sep 02 2005 02:51 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
That SUCKS Jarvis, you finally got a globe that wasn't broken... LOL. As much as I feel that the globe should be returned to the rightfull owner, I also feel, even more strongly, that you should NOT take a loss for doing the right thing by returning it...

I think that I'm with Chris Holt...

JM2C....

#35679 Fri Sep 02 2005 03:22 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
John, I believe you have done what is right and have the right idea regarding the insurance. I would want to get accurate info from the ins co as to what they paid him for the loss of the globe. It could be more than you paid. He may be trying to win and win again. At your expense. Good luck. George

#35680 Fri Sep 02 2005 04:49 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Jarvis, here's my 2 cents worth.
First, we all know what a nice guy you are and it shows in your effort to help put the thief away. I started thinking, if it had been something of mine that had sentimental value, what would I do? I don't think I would be trying to negotiate a price or trying to put you at a loss. I'd be happy to get it back. Then I thought maybe the person doesn't have that kind of money to pay out. I'd offer the globe for what I paid for it, which you already did. If they don't have the money right now, I'd hold it for them for a set period of time. If they didn't come up with the money, maybe it wasn't that that important. Bottom line, I'd go above and beyond, but fair is fair. And again, like everyone else here I give you a pat on the back for being a decent and honest person.

#35681 Fri Sep 02 2005 05:02 PM
Yep, it sucks, but all the dealings i've heard of in a matter like this is as tokheim stated. The fact that you could cut your loss by half by taking the $150 may indeed be a win concidering that the law could make you fork it over.........period!

#35682 Fri Sep 02 2005 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As someone else replied,
I would contact the ins. agent, to find out IF he was paid for the globe loss. IF he was compensated, the globe now belongs to the ins. co.
db

#35683 Fri Sep 02 2005 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...sounds like you helped put the guy away - rare enough in this day and age of 'I don't want to get involved'...now the farmer expects you to share his pain? Seems like he ought to be thanking you for helping to catch the creep - not trying to shake you down for $150...Tokheim might be right regarding Johnny Law, but fair's fair - and you losing $150 for being honest ain't it...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
#35684 Fri Sep 02 2005 07:30 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I'm with Chris, tokheim and db on this.
How come it is the original owner and not the insurance co. your in contact with. If the guy has any kind of insurance at all the globe should have been covered. [was the globe the only thing he lost?] If the authorities have been in contact with you because of the globe, how come you still have it? Didn't anyone verify it was indeed the globe in question?
I'd say deal only with the insurance co. about it and last but not least, you aren't the crook here so don't take the loss.

------------------
ROD [Mich.]

ROD [Mich.]
#35685 Fri Sep 02 2005 09:11 PM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well, I called the Michigan State police and a message with the officer that was handling the case to call me which looks like it might be Tuesday. You asked did anyone verify it was indeed the globe in question... yes and no! I sent the pictures to the state police but the farmer said he never saw the pictures. When I bought the globe it was on an original body that was trashed so I replaced it with a new one and cleaned it the lenses. If he wants it he will get lenses only and no body and it will come C.O.D. so he can pay the freight.
I was wondering the same question is to why I still have the globe when the trooper called me 4 or 5 months ago when this all started. I bought this last year in October.

He tells me that we both are at loss and would be out $150 each... but he forgets he will have the $300 globe.

Here is the globe.

#35686 Fri Sep 02 2005 09:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF,
It had been a MUSGO or CHIMNEY CAP TEXACO. Then you would know he was watching auction results !

On the other hand. IF, he valued it, WHY was it not in a good body ?
WHY was it NOT IN THE HOUSE ?
db

#35687 Fri Sep 02 2005 10:39 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I think you have been more than fair. I would tell him he has 30 days to come up with the three hundred. After that it is no longer for sale. Its some what a gamble be cause he could try and get the police to make you give it back. I would take that gamble and loose three hundred before I let him rip me out of 150, especially since you have been more than coopertive. He looks to be trying to take advantage of you. If it were mine I would be glad to be able to pay you for it, espacially this day and age hes lucky it was seen again, most things are not. Just my oppinion but youre rite it sucks getting the shaft for trying to help.
Brandon

#35688 Sat Sep 03 2005 04:17 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have a friend who bought a trailer at auction, with no title......went to the DMV and got tags and new title for a homebuilt trailer. He then discarded the reciept from the auction co. A year later......police came to his home and confiscated his trailer saying it was stolen. They then charged him with having stolen goods. He had to get a lawyer, go to court etc. In court he explained his case. Judge dismissed him but he was out the trailer and the money he had spent for it......along with lawyers fees, time and grief. True story....Good luck.

#35689 Sat Sep 03 2005 05:54 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
JJ Talk to the Trooper on Tuesday and get the story straight as to what your rights are and explain to him whats happined , the troopers will usually Help in any way , they can add a little presure to this guy if they feel that your holding up your end of the bargain, sometimes its just the right thing said by an Officer of the law, Michigan State Troopers carry a lot of clout

Chris Holt
#35690 Sat Sep 03 2005 08:34 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Ask the guy to describe it, if he does not describe the damaged body..That changes things..

Also that does not sound like the same one.. maybe seller had 2??

Not suggesting to try to get out of this, but he should remember the condition his globe body was in..

Obviously what you are holding now looks different than what was stolen..

#35691 Sat Sep 03 2005 03:17 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
My residence was broken into a while back and a old peddle car and some cash was stolen.I got a tip that it was at an antique store for sale.I dug a little deeper and found out who had sold it to them with no surprise.I contacted my local police and told them to no revail,telling me that these people had bought the item in good faith of it not being stoled (25 for a 900 item)Ya right,and unless I had proof it was mine then I was out of luck.Antiques are hard to get back unless you write your name across them,period.If you bought the item in good faith and he cant describe it with pictures or someway else,and you paid market value,then he is going to have a hell of a time getting it back.If it was my familys,then I would pay anything for it if I wanted it enough badly and stop bothering you.My 2 cents!

#35692 Sat Sep 03 2005 05:40 PM
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Jarvis,

I agree with the majority on this. If the globe is so important to this guy because of the family history, then coming up with the $300 shouldn't be an issue. You're as much a victim in this as the guy who had the globe stolen...

I'd stick to your guns. If the guy wants it, $300 is the price. Remember, possession is 9 tenths of the law. It's not like it's a car and it has a VIN number. How do you know that this is the exact globe that the guy had stolen? I'd discontinue contact with this guy and deal directly with his insurance company. My guess is that he's already been paid by his insurance company and looking to have his cake and eat it too.

Keep in mind you're into this globe for $300. The guy is offering you $150. If the globe is so darn important because of the family history, then he should be able to come up with the additional $150 needed to keep you whole. If I were this guy and the family history was so important, I'd pay even more.

My two cents. Good luck and let us know how things come out in the end.

Mac

#35693 Sun Sep 04 2005 08:11 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
John, If this globe belonged to me and it had family history there is no way I would let it go over 150.00, that is not that much money when you are talking about your history.. Do not let this guy take you for 150.00 You did the right thing, this is an insurance matter, his home owners should take care of this. not you.

#35694 Sun Sep 04 2005 08:12 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
John, If this globe belonged to me and it had family history there is no way I would let it go over 150.00, that is not that much money when you are talking about your history.. Do not let this guy take you for 150.00 You did the right thing, this is an insurance matter, his home owners should take care of this. not you.

#35695 Mon Sep 05 2005 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
$300.00 and no less IF YOU WANT TO SELL IT.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
#35696 Mon Sep 05 2005 12:14 PM
P
P
If you do a little checking odds are the farmer has already collected on his insurance and probably did very well. There is a good chance also that when the value was researched for the theift the farmer was surprised. To that point he would have parted with it for a lot less than $300.00. If he did get an insurance check it no longer belongs to him but to the insurance company and they want come after $300.00. Keep IT..
Greg

#35697 Mon Sep 05 2005 01:53 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
There is an assumption here the guy has insurance that will cover his globe loss. My insurance co., Amer. Family will not cover this kind of stuff as normal household furniture etc, and advised to buy a rider. You can buy a rider which is actually another policy to cover this stuff, guns, jewelry, etc. Prehaps the guy doesn't have any coverage on the globe and wants it for the $150. Myself I would sell it back to him for the money I have invested in it,not a penny less but he would have to prove to me that it was indeed his. And does the Mich.police have jurisdiction over this in Indiana for that small of an amount?

#35698 Mon Sep 05 2005 02:14 PM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I say offer it at what you have into it, don't loose a penny.
As for the cops taking it back, it is not like a trailer or a car, there is no serial number to PROVE it is the stolen globe. (even if the guy admitted to it)
I was able to prove my stolen snake were in fact the ones the guy had because of very detailed pictures. That was a hard sell, the cops were not very helpful. They want to see proof and a globe does not have it. Unless the farmer had close up pics showing details that would show that these lenses were his, there is no way to prove it.
I even had to get experts to tell the police that the pictures of the snakes showed that they were the same animals.

------------------
WANTED: Sunset & Seaside Gas/Oil stuff!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
#35699 Mon Sep 05 2005 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like another farmer trying to get something for nothing to me. He's probably already been paid by the ins. co. for it. Even if he hasn't, he still ought to be offering you a reward, not take advantage of you. There's no way I'd give that globe over for anything less than you have in it. If he can't come up with $300 in government subsidized, halfway-stolen-in-the-first-place farming money, then it must not be all that important to him. He probably just wants it back to sell it on ebay.

Wes

#35700 Mon Sep 05 2005 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey is this guy Amish or what?

#35701 Mon Sep 05 2005 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Jarvis. Some interesting advice you are getting.
1. If it is stolen, you may be obligated to return it at a loss. It is illegal to obtain or own stolen property, even if a person didn't know.

2. Someone said they can't provethe globe you have is the one solen. Wrong. If the thief admits to taking it and selling it on ebay, all they need to see is a picture of it and thatyou bought it. Ebay sales records are very accurate.

3. I would deal with the police. I am suprised no one from the PD has tried to get the globe back.

4. I am assuming you are not being scammed by someone claiming to be the police trying to get it from you.

5. You sound like an honest guy. Hope it all works out for you. This is a buyers worst nightmare.

Quick story: Friend bought some tools at agarage sale. Paid cash. Police showed up two days at his house. They confiscated them. Long story short...he was out $250. After the trial etc..He was out the tools and the money. He talked to a lawyer and was told him he was out of luck. Best of luck.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#35702 Tue Sep 06 2005 03:58 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks guys for the input. I hope to talk the trooper today. As for me buying it on ebay... well it didn't met reserve and it bought outside of ebay. The only way i got found was the guy that stole it had my name and number with the words marathon globe on a piece of paper. That's how i got found.

#35703 Tue Sep 06 2005 03:13 PM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well i hope this is good news. The trooper is going to call the farmer and tell him that if he wants it he must pay $300 or i can keep it. Hope this turns out that good.
The farmer might get paid from the court... restution fines or something like that. Last words was the trooper was going to call the farmer.

#35704 Tue Sep 06 2005 03:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good luck on that JJ..I really think the Farmer should pay you what you have in it...especially since you are helping so much. You shouldnt lose out since you bought it in good faith.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#35705 Tue Sep 06 2005 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Make sure he sends a M.O.
Even a bank CLEARDED CHECK can bounce.
Dick

#35706 Fri Sep 09 2005 05:02 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
update: I called the farmer last night just to make sure the tropper called him. His wife said she would have him call me, he never called. She said the trooper did call him but that was all she would say.

#35707 Fri Sep 09 2005 06:40 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
JJ I think you have done all you can and you should have no regrets. If the farmer doesn't come up to 300 the globe should be yours. Richard

#35708 Fri Sep 09 2005 07:24 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JJ, I have been following your saga since your first post, in my opinion you have gone way above and beyond what most people would be willing to do. I don't know if I would have gone to such lengths. Enjoy the globe and when you show it to others, be proud of yourself.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
#35709 Fri Sep 09 2005 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You could have easily been dishonest and said you had already sold it, but you took the high road. I hope it works out for ya.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#35710 Sat Sep 10 2005 07:34 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
JJ U DID THE RITE THING .......NOW DON'T BREAK IT LIKE YOU DID THIS ONE.

REX LIKES GLOBES

#35711 Tue Sep 13 2005 07:19 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Update: I talked to the farmer last night... still thinks i should take a loss. He actually thinks i am ripping him off because i paid $250 for the globe $15 for a body and $15 to ship it to me and now $20 to ship it to him which is $300. He then said "He would be the bigger man and pay me what i have in it." I will be glad when this is all over!

#35712 Tue Sep 13 2005 07:50 AM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
You're a bigger man than I. I would have told him where to stick the $300 and been finished!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
#35713 Tue Sep 13 2005 08:06 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Hey JJ, after he hands you the 300.00 Hand him a copy of this Post along with his globe , he might understand things a little better , the bottom line is your the bigger man , you could have done a number of things and in the end you did the right thing.

Chris Holt
#35714 Tue Sep 13 2005 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In my opinion. Globe should no longer be for sale. Keep it!!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
#35715 Tue Sep 13 2005 11:06 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After his "bigger man" comment, I would definitely have told him that the deal was off, and not to call again. But that's just me -- I don't do business with people that only have personal insults to offer.

Wes

#35716 Tue Sep 13 2005 01:33 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Proud of your honesty JJ. You also have your temper under control a lot better then I. I see though that you will never be a politician! LOL

#35717 Tue Sep 13 2005 11:07 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I think, ( and im not too good at that) you should ignore any atempt by him to contact you again and forget he even tried to in my opinion "rip you off" and keep the globe. End of story....Sold it,lost it, whatever..go ahead.Sue me!!..........Les

#35718 Tue Sep 13 2005 11:10 PM
JJ,

There's always the "Seinfeld" response....obtain a duplicate broken globe, pack it well so it doesn't rattle, insure it, and let "Newman" pick up the tab. Let our friendly farmer take it up with the USPS. He gets his $$$, and you get your globe....p.s. Jerry got caught, but we can do better! (this post never happened)

I'm a former collector, turned Erickson/SA/Northwestern Refining Company/Holiday petroliana picker, for a member of the family.
#35719 Wed Sep 14 2005 07:30 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
This 'farmer' is a class A jerk. Sounds like he is trying to intimidate Mr. Jarvis and take advantage of this man's good and honest nature.

I would tell him to get lost. If he is any kind of farmer he is getting MEGA bucks from the U.S. govt. anyway, NOT to work. A good number of the farmers here in Illinois are getting checks from Big Brother in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, one guy that farms near me got over a million for his 1200 acres so tell this guy to pack it.........how greedy, crying over a couple hundred bucks.....

#35720 Wed Sep 14 2005 07:34 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I think you should sell it for less.. like 275.00.. BUT .he picks it up!!

Then get him to describe it, and HEYY!! that body sounds different , not like you described.. Wrong globe!!

no sale..

#35721 Wed Sep 14 2005 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Send him the picture of yourself at Rex's place holding the broken globe ! "This is ALL THAT IS LEFT of your globe, SORRY"
WE'll vouch for you !!
LOL
db

#35722 Fri Sep 23 2005 04:45 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just an update to the globe. I got a personal check thursday so i will cash it today and wait for the check to clear and ship him a globe.

Now i will be at Peotone i guess looking for a globe to fill a whole on the shelf!

#35723 Fri Sep 23 2005 04:59 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Well one things for sure his globe will not last to long , with the Jarvis Jinx thats following it , it'll be lucky to make the shelf LOL, Sorry JJ you knew it was coming

I can see the Headlines now
Local Farmer Drops Family Globe Farmer says " I Don't Know What Happened"

Chris Holt
#35724 Fri Sep 23 2005 01:49 PM
P
P
Considering that he's willing to fork over the entire amount now proves that he's a grade A jerk. I am seriously tempted to recommend that you don't package it worth a damn. Oops, did I just type that? Too late, I've already hit "Submit Reply".

In all seriousness though, that would make for one less real globe, and I'm sure that isn't your style. Glad to see you'll at least get back (if the check clears) what you have into it. You're a better man than me, cause I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near this far without having told him to Go To...

#35725 Sat Sep 24 2005 04:04 PM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
wait a FULL 13 BUSINESS DAYS

DO NOT ship it any earlier

------------------
Jim Rohn
Scottsdale, AZ

Jim Rohn
Scottsdale, AZ
#35726 Sat Sep 24 2005 10:55 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
JARVIS:

BEEN READING THIS ONE FOR WEEKS NOW AND WANTED TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN.

I'M A FIRM BELIEVER IN ("WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND"). YOU'LL GET YOUR DAY.

PACKAGE THE GLOBE AS IF IT WAS BEING SENT TO YOURSELF, THAT'S A PIECE OF HISTORY NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. THAT'S THE REASON I COLLECT, AND HOPE THE REST OF YOU GUYS DO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YOU'LL GET SOMETHING BACK WATCH. ALWAYS WORKS THAT WAY FRIEND.

DOUG

#35727 Thu Oct 20 2005 10:27 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well i shipped the globe Wed. and it's double boxed with lots of peanuts. Hope it makes it.
It's over when he says it made it!

#35728 Thu Oct 20 2005 09:28 PM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
thank God this is over. Many of you are my friends so you won't be offended by this but you all sound like a bunch of old women at a sewing circle. Four pages, yes count them, four pages of gossip. Come on guys, let's find something interesting to talk about. This should have been over and done weeks ago.
your friend, budding and fellow collector
Ray

#35729 Fri Oct 21 2005 04:40 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ray, Your comment wasn't very nice. You didn't say anything about fred's bash post that is 7 pages long and over 100 posts. Sorry this topic bothers you and i also hope it's over.

This was a thorn in my side for the last few months and it was nice to here you guys had the same view as i did.

#35730 Fri Oct 21 2005 04:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"AMEN!" 'Nuff Said! R.I.P!!!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#35731 Fri Oct 21 2005 07:51 AM
S
S
At least it got people talking.. I hate to see a genuine post with 1 or no replies. I say if a post doesnt interest you dont return to it, obviously this one was interesting enough to draw that many responses Just my .02, that and $4.50 will get ya coffee

#35732 Tue Nov 08 2005 11:43 PM
So JJ!

You never did say, did the globe make it OK? Wondering if since that day, any good fortune petroliana has come your way? Sincerely proud to have been behind you all the way! Sorry Ray, I guess this post lives another day! Happy Holiday!

I'm a former collector, turned Erickson/SA/Northwestern Refining Company/Holiday petroliana picker, for a member of the family.
#35733 Wed Nov 09 2005 05:45 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yes the globe made it. He never called to tell me it made so i called him. I double boxed it very well... a capco globe double boxed is a little harder for UPS to breal it. He didn't say it looked good or better in a new body or nothing. Glad that's over.

Yes... i filled the hole on my shelf with a new globe.
I bought 3 globes from Lonnie and Arron Hop... which by the way are 2 great people in the hobby! If you would like to buy your first nice original globe i would contact these guys since they have entry globe to high dollar globes.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved