Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35963 Fri Jun 16 2006 05:51 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OK guys- Making the trip to Iowa gas this year but want to make sure I get there when the good deals roll of the trucks and all that good stuff. When do you vetrans show up to Iowa Gas? Which hotel is best to stay at? Does only the high dollar stuff sell at the swap or does entry level stuff sell as well?

Multiple opinions please!!!

------------------
Scott Wright-
Wanted Powerine, Bearcat and Powerlube Items- Lots to trade!

Scott Wright
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#35964 Fri Jun 16 2006 04:53 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Scott. Make sure your there good and early Saturday morning. No need to go much earlier. And stay at the Motel 6.

Seriously I usually get there Wed afternoon and check out whats going on. I stop at Shoemakers truck stop in Lincoln for breakfast and to look at all the globes and pumps. Never gets old. Stop if you haven't been there before.
Whatever you do don't stay at the Motel 6 unless you like not sleeping much because its hot because the AC doesn't work and is noisy (2 years in a row). Unless of course you like noise and crackheads and fat drunks who don't speak english stacking empty beer cans on your truck like it was theirs and non-smoking rooms that smell like a bingo hall. Enough to make my point?
I stayed at the Comfort Inn last year and will again this year. Really nice clean rooms and quiet. Not one crackhead yelling at ghosts at 2AM. Not more than a block from the Holiday Inn.
Drink lots of fluids (Beer). It's like a second swap meet when you get home. "Gee I forgot I bought that."
I look for well priced entry level stuff. Some of my best buys from last year included a Pennzoil Sound Horn sign complete with dust and dirt for $20 (cleaned up real nice)and a Skelly Regular globe in original capco for $150.00.
Hope to see you (and all the other oldgassers) there.
chris

#35965 Fri Jun 16 2006 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wed. about Noon-2pm. Holiday Inn [host hotel]. There is 3 1/2 floors for the Room to Room Swap & BS on Thursday & Friday evening.
There will be STUFF in ALL price ranges, from JUNK to DREAMS.
Barranigans [sp] is a GREAT Sports Bar for Dinner/Supper [ about a 1/4 mile walk ] on Army Post Rd., just SE.
Parking IS at premium, DO NOT PARK NEXT TO THE HOLIDAY ON NORTH or SOUTH SIDE STREETS. Last year, Friday morning they Posted NO PARKING SIGNS about 9am, then started giving tickets. WITHOUT prior notice.

Dick

It's Iowa Gas for NEVER BEEN THERE.
NO Dummies THERE !

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 06-16-2006).]

#35966 Fri Jun 16 2006 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Been only the last two years. Get there Wednesday after leaving Denver EARLY. I have left the last two years on friday morning. Tons of deals are finished by thursday night. IF, IF you want to stay for the auction, spend friday night there. Bob Lowrey from ' Foss Drug' had an absolute full trailer by thursday night!!!!
Larry

[This message has been edited by st.rod (edited 06-16-2006).]

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#35967 Fri Jun 16 2006 06:52 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
And Bob has a big *** trailer!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings