Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Like i said on the last post. Ebay is becoming a place for dumb people to get burned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Used-Por...item2a23c78656#

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
P
P
You got that right!!!!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I think there's shill bidding going on.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Most likely that shill bidding is happening but some people are dumb enough to get bit by the "bidding bug" and think it is "RARE" and "ONE OF A KIND"

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like a homecoming to me. Buyer and seller are both retards. They deserve each other.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Folks I have to laugh....

When any of you started out, how much knowledge did you have? You never found/bought an item that wasn't what it seemed?

Some started in the Hobby before the 'net, but for those that started Collecting on Ebay... You were smarter than New Collectors/Non Collectors are now; When you first started Collecting?

Hell, a good portion of the people in the Hobby, have a hard time telling an "Old" repop from an original sign... I know I at times have a hard time.... And I've been at this for just a bit....

Not all Sellers are crooks, not all auctions are scams and not all Buyers are knowledgeable.....

The ONLY Collectors who are not learning something new... Are those who have died.... No one knows it all... No one has seen it all.... No one has Collected it all....

So how about cutting the "New Collectors/Non Collectors" some slack, especially if you have no idea who they are?... And/or what the circumstances are?...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Well Spoken.

tjccafferty@yahoo.com
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
Folks I have to laugh....

When any of you started out, how much knowledge did you have? You never found/bought an item that wasn't what it seemed?

Some started in the Hobby before the 'net, but for those that started Collecting on Ebay... You were smarter than New Collectors/Non Collectors are now; When you first started Collecting?

Hell, a good portion of the people in the Hobby, have a hard time telling an "Old" repop from an original sign... I know I at times have a hard time.... And I've been at this for just a bit....

Not all Sellers are crooks, not all auctions are scams and not all Buyers are knowledgeable.....

The ONLY Collectors who are not learning something new... Are those who have died.... No one knows it all... No one has seen it all.... No one has Collected it all....

So how about cutting the "New Collectors/Non Collectors" some slack, especially if you have no idea who they are?... And/or what the circumstances are?...

Nicely said Bob.
Heck, I thank God for Oldgas or I would be sitting on a couple fakes right now.
The biggest error these bidders are making is not searching out a site like this.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said.
That's a good idea.
I don't sell on eBay,but if I did,I would add a sentence in the items description asking bidders to check out OldGas.com.
Maybe it would help inform most of them.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
More words of wisdom from a long time collector.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I wouldn't send them here. It's a haven for repop study. Too much information can be dangerous.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First, the guy dosen't even know which era the art work is from. I dunno bout folks on E bay............... I refuse to offer any further comments . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Originally Posted By: Here's Your Sign
I wouldn't send them here. It's a haven for repop study. Too much information can be dangerous.

WHAT ? Put a smile or LOL at the if you're kidding ?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: mcguffeyd1
Most likely that shill bidding is happening but some people are dumb enough to get bit by the "bidding bug" and think it is "RARE" and "ONE OF A KIND"

Bidding in $5 increments is a New ebay user that wants to see his user name on top & afraid he'll over pay if he bid $10ea time.
Most SHILL Bids are $50-$100ea.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved