Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I may as well throw my two-cents in.....

1. Please don't contact people to make offers before they are ready to start selling
2. Alyssa: You and I have spoken (via PMs) on a number of your items on posting, etc. I would suggest maybe pulling the item off of ebay until you are sure one way or the other and then repost with what you know or post it as you are not sure. You guys obviously have a big job ahead of you and not being sure could harm your reputation on ebay for future auctions. Personally, I think you and your mom are more than above board and honest in what you are trying to accomplish. Hang in there.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i agree with Alex on this one. I admit i was wrong in making an offer on the sign. I wasnt trying to snag something real for a fake price. if i was, i would be anonymous.

Best thing for Alyssa to do would be get some good Sign Collectors books with photos and asked the following;

Richard (Pegasus) is a expert in Mobil items.
Randy is excellent with most porcelain signs.
Dave Gill is good at spotting repops.

Again if i have offended anyone, i am sorry. Had some rough times lately myself with family passing away and getting rid of their stuff. Alyssa i have an ideal where you are coming from. So best of luck and keep your head high.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really lets be fair-I know I should keep my big mouth shut but I just reread Rons post on Cheeses site and I really dont see how he bashed anyone really, let alone the entire site.

Originally Posted By: JimT
Really lets be fair-I know I should keep my big mouth shut but I just reread Rons post on Cheeses site and I really dont see how he bashed anyone really, let alone the entire site.

I believe he was talking about Rons past.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Okay, so I was told to measure it 2 different ways: someone said from front hoof to rear hoof, someone said from floor to tip or top wing.
Here are images of both measurements. From hoof to hoof, it's 3 feet. From floor to wing, it's 26". I don't know if this helps or adds to the confusion. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks again!

100_2890.jpg 100_2891.jpg 100_2892.jpg 100_2893.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As with a Lot of discussions in GENERAL PETRO DISCUSSION, some treat them the same as a RIOT, they have no interest in the item BUT yet they just have to state their 2cents.
Don't be Bashing someone you Know NOTHING ABOUT.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"Okay, so I was told to measure it 2 different ways: someone said from front hoof to rear hoof, someone said from floor to tip or top wing.
Here are images of both measurements. From hoof to hoof, it's 3 feet. From floor to wing, it's 26". I don't know if this helps or adds to the confusion. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks again!"

Ok,so does this make it a 2 footer or a three footer?

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It makes the sign a 2 foot sign. This is the smallest one. You go by the height of the sign.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
A
A
Did we ever come to the conclusion if this sign was real or not. I have the same sign now and trying to determine if it’s real. Thanks Ashley

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Post a picture of the back of your sign

A
A
Jim. I tried posting the pics and I didn’t for some reason. Email me at apuckett@spellconstructioninc.com and I will send you pics. Thanks Ashley

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ashleys sign. Seems to have come from the same source as the sign that was originally posted Id say.

Peggy2.jpg Peggy1.jpg
Last edited by JimT; Tue Apr 17 2018 08:48 PM.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I am not an expert on these but The back side to me does not look original. Clips don’t look the same as mine or have the correct angle.

Always looking for more Derby, Vickers, KanOTex, & Elreco gasoline & oil items!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Right. My first thought was this sign is original. With the Rack marks and the clip location, Im convinced it is not original. when placed on an angle (Like Peggys are) the clips would also be on an angle, which would be contrary to what a sign company would do- gravity, layout ect. Ron B. chimed in on Facebook again on these, saying they were made in the 90's and advertised in Hemings as repo's back then.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved