Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#371724 Wed Nov 21 2012 06:26 PM
OP Offline
Here is my 'new' Walker 745 jack under my Model A. I think that it was a Texaco garage jack judging by all of the red paint. At least that is the story I am sticking to! Does anyone have a manual on how to use this by chance? This is a series 'B', does anyone know when this was made?

Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Nice Jack Here is my roll-a-kar...play around with it for a while. I found mine at a local tag sale ...the man selling it said 20 people looked at the jack and could not figure it out..told me $10 takes it. Within 5 minutes I figured it out. Complicated to write it out but the spinner on the left side and locking mech on the right syncro with the handle. Made in the late 20's early 30's

Last edited by 57tbirdkid; Wed Nov 21 2012 06:35 PM.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Keith is right, if you play with them, you'll figure it out. I have one, and they are quite neat!!

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
My 1930 garage supply book lists these jacks. Labeled "Walker Roll-A-Car" . All different sizes ranging in price from $36 to $66.50. I used to have one that worked real well, but it was a "shin, foot buster" when not in use!

OP Offline
She is very dirty and full of crud so I will have to take her apart and thoroughly clean her up. Then She should work correctly. I think I have figured it out I just wanted to make sure I was operating it correctly. The crud is just making it not operate right. So, 57tbirdkid I may PM you for more info if after I clean it up, it still does not work right. But at that point it may be broken or missing part.

Mike

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I believe that after you do some sanding, you will find that the original color is purpole.

I have original literature and ads showing this jack, but before I spend as couple of hours looking for all of the literature, I need a commitment that you are interesting in buying what I have. Price will not be out of site, but reasonable, I just need a committment before I start a long reseasrch.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
OP Offline
You were right Jack. I am in the process of cleaning it up now and found a little bit of deep blue/purple left over. Whoever took the jack apart before did a really nice paint job. I took the casters off and they were red where they bolt up to the body. I am going to leave it as red for now until it needs to be painted. I kind of like the well used look.

Also, anyone know how to get the rear wheels out of their houseings? I may have to replace the castor bearings. I am going to clean them and regrease them to see what happens.

Mike

Last edited by 1930artdeco; Wed Dec 05 2012 11:29 AM.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I had mine at the hydraulic repairman, he says they as common sized leathers. Mine is rusted, so it needs some quality time in molasses before it goes back.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved