Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sold this pump for pretty cheap at a swap.....not realizing the plate was worth double, triple the pump price. frown

DSCN0252.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When I first got into collecting gas and oil I got a call from an ad I had on a classifieds page for a complete wayne 70. It was a great survivor for $250... and at the time i did't want pumps yet so I passed it up frown

Braden Splichal

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Most of us on here have seen the Wayne 50 Display pump I was trying to locate months back. Pretty sure the old man sold that for $250. OUCH!!! Thanks for sharing all of your misfortunes as we still all have some nice stuff to be proud of I'm sure.Good day everyone!

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Back in the mid-80's my roommate did some plumbing at a house in Chicago's South Suburbs. House was owned by two older brothers who had a Hudson dealership in the area until it closed back in the 50's. Roommate said the entire basement was filled with nothing but NOS parts still in their boxes, stacked to the ceiling, thousands of them. The brothers were afraid Hudson would send someone out someday to collect all their parts back and the brothers didn't want to get in trouble. I was out of work at the time so didn't even bother to check into it. Maybe it was for the better as I would have probably cried.
Ken

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Early in my hobbie I was given a complaint of garbage/rubbish in and around a old abandoned sunoco gas station off one of our back streets.
Nobody knew who owned it anymore (taxes unpaid) and the story was it was operating one day and not the next way back when.
The town wanted it gone and was asking us to possibly find and cite the owner to clean up before they had used the town DPW guys and equipment.
This was a while ago but I do remember there being alot of gas stuff inside, like they said, just left there. A air pump was on the building I do remeber, along with pumps out front but I forget what kind.

You have to know..that back then I was just getting into collectiong and I was soda stuff only. I didnt see any machines or signs so I didnt persue it further. Although the building had quite a few gas/oil inside along with displays and such.

Long story short..We never located the responsible party and the town came in and leveled the place about 4 months later. Everything was loaded into a rolloff and never seen again. sick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Those kinds of stories do make one think (what if) , maybe someone saved a few things but sounds like it all went to the dump and buried . Makes one a little sick for sure.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sorry but another sad story...
Some years ago I saw that "for sale" signs were being put up on our local GULF station - closed since many years and FULL of stuff.
I contacted the broker and got the price for the buildings etc... three days later I see a man tearing down signs from the building :-( I approach him and ask him to take it easy - he doesn't understand why! He was actually a car mechanic who was going to open up the shop again.
I asked for the owner and he told me to come back. I came back and back and...finally got hold of the owner. He looked a bit ashamed and admitted that he probably had made a fool of himself...
I asked why and the man tells me he had thrown away everything from the building, garages and the shop - three large dumpsters.
Needless to say I was devastated!
I managed to save a lighted sign and an old oil barrel.
br
Claes

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved