Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#385310 - Sat Jan 12 2013 09:27 AM Clinton Newell
tetraethyl Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ardmore, Oklahoma
Sometimes it just needs to be said. Clinton Newell is a true asset to this great hobby. I know there are a lot of great guys and gals in our hobby, but Clinton has gone above and beyond for a guy he has never even met. We are blessed to have this caliber of folks to call our friends. Thanks again Clinton and I hope to be able to repay the favor some day.

Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#385311 - Sat Jan 12 2013 09:32 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: tetraethyl]
SKomatinsky Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Humble, TX
Clinton has done the same for me and now we communicate frequently and help each other get the things that we like.

#385317 - Sat Jan 12 2013 09:52 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: SKomatinsky]
DCpate Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Norman, OK
Very straight up individual... Knows his pumps fer sure...

#385318 - Sat Jan 12 2013 09:54 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: tetraethyl]
Flatland Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Texas panhandle
Clinton Newell? You must not know the same guy I do!!! He is just a ......., wait, he is a great guy and a good friend. Definately has been a help to a lot of people, and really has a passion for the hobby.

#385323 - Sat Jan 12 2013 10:30 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: Flatland]
wolf1980 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Definitely, Clinton has been a great friend to me and always goes out of his way to help. We need more like him.

#385326 - Sat Jan 12 2013 10:34 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: wolf1980]
mrcavalcade Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Ditto, super nice guy to deal with!

KEVIN

#385332 - Sat Jan 12 2013 10:57 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: mrcavalcade]
coke_and_stuff Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mountain Home, AR USA
Agreed Top Notch!!! Ive done business with him a few times and always top Notch. Glad to call him a friend! A+ in my book.

Joey

#385336 - Sat Jan 12 2013 11:06 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: coke_and_stuff]
Morgan Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas USA
Clinton is Top Notch. seems oldgas has a way of running off the good guys but allowing others to say and do as they please. That's why I quit posting.

He told me he had been blocked from the site. can't even access pm's.

Edited by Morgan (Sat Jan 12 2013 03:52 PM)
Edit Reason: added content

#385347 - Sat Jan 12 2013 11:34 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: Morgan]
open wheel Offline

Loc: Round Rock, TX
I've auctioned off a few few things with proceeds going to oldgas. He bough a few,and I think he did it mostly to donate to our site.
With all the attention given to the complainers, it's nice to see a post like this to bring attention to good people like Clinton.

#385348 - Sat Jan 12 2013 11:38 AM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: Morgan]
Craig Osbeck Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Clinton is a person whom I value as a friend and I do not have many. He has always been honest with me, helped me, and trusted me. I have never had a bad conversation, email or otherwise from him.
I do not know why he is not allowed on here, but it seems to me that he is should be reinstated now. He may have made a mistake by some standard, but trust me we all have and I look forward to him being brought back on here.
I really am a no body here as in the rest of the world, but If there was any kind of way that I could help I would do so.
Clinton I hope that you can maybe read this and look forward to seeing your post again.
Craig Osbeck

#385352 - Sat Jan 12 2013 12:02 PM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: Craig Osbeck]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
I've had a lot of dealings with Clinton and he is completely a straight shooter! I am proud to call him a friend and I'm very glad to see a post like this that calls attention to the good deeds of a person in this hobby!
Clinton has always gone out of his way to make sure I was satisfied in any dealings that we have ever had and has never uttered one bad word about others! He has the gas pump addiction very bad and is one of the more knowledgeable people on the subject of gas pumps that I have ever met! Truly an assett to this hobby and "OLD GAS".
KEVIN FRITH
Cell#-701-739-6133

#385356 - Sat Jan 12 2013 12:34 PM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: K W FRITH]
henlovestoys Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Man, it makes me feel GOOD to read all the positive posts about CLINTON. Especially from class-act-Veteran members (you know who I mean!).

I have always enjoyed CLINTON’s posts in the past & learned from them.

I still do not get it … Isn’t this just a HOBBY? Why not just RESPECT everyone regardless of what they have to say or or what they collect. If you do not like a post, why NOT DELETE it rather hurting someone with rude replies. If done with a PM, that is fine but not in PUBLIC.

I hope from now on, the high-school-BS will stop …

Henrik

#385359 - Sat Jan 12 2013 12:40 PM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: henlovestoys]
MATT ALVAREZ Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Cameron Park,Ca.
I have had good dealings and talks with him.

#385365 - Sat Jan 12 2013 01:00 PM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: MATT ALVAREZ]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
a positive asset to the hobby!.. cool

Edited by advertologist (Sat Jan 12 2013 01:00 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#385378 - Sat Jan 12 2013 01:13 PM Re: Clinton Newell [Re: MATT ALVAREZ]
Old Iron Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: New Mexico
I don't know what happened because I don't stay on OLDGAS all day every day.But judging from what has been posted above,I've had dealings with some and communicated with others via PM and phone conversations,I'm of the opinion that Clinton is the kind of guy we need around here.Personally,I've had no contact with him but I do trust the opinions of those posting positive comments.

I'll sum up my feelings this way;it's really easy to "run them off" but it is impossible to replace them.Whoever Clinton is,his experience,knowledge about the hobby and willingness to share his knowledge and conduct himself in what is apparently an honest fashion is unique to him.WE need more people like him,IMO,not less.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved