Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Every one here has some outstanding stuff on here tonight.

Not much for me lately. Just had the one chip in the spray and good gloss,hard to tell from the picture.

Picked this little pump plate, kind of hard to find in this size:
8 X 12

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Showcase Feature Host
Showcase Feature Host
Here is my find for the week, I rescued this Tokheim 36b yesterday. Kw very cool signs Good find!!

IMG_0736.jpg
Last edited by Big Block Cat; Sun Jan 13 2013 09:21 PM. Reason: added discription

Wanted anything Flying A Gas, Signal Gas, Hancock oil co, and Sunland.

Thanks Anthony
JGD Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Had fun finding some smalls

image.jpg

Jon
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Got a couple Calso's (the one will have to do till I find a better one,(hint)). and a Chevron. Great items this week guys !

2013-01-11 12.11.40.jpg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: blacktee
Gulfiend

Wouldn't these signs be large for a truck ? 10 feet X 18" just thinking out loud.

...maybe, maybe not...I'm not sure whether the signs are for a truck, or if they pre-date the Standard break-up - I was just thinking out loud too grin ...here's a link to some old truck photos:

http://craunf.org/PictureMar2011.htm

...looks like some of those truck beds could be that long...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I went to college in Pittsburg, KS and Big Brutus is a site to see no doubt. There are strip pits everywhere down in S.E Kansas and when mining faded away mother nature filled the strip pits with water and the locals now stock them. Made for some good fishing.

-Brian
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
To the OP, those Standard Oil signs are flat out awesome. I would love to have one. Very cool

-Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Love those old delivery truck photos! Just awesome! The owner of the house the Standard signs were found in gave me the following information from his research---

"Did some research and found out they stopped using the word corporation on their signs after the break up of Standard Oil in 1911. I also contacted the old owners of our house and they said those shelves were there since the house was built in 1916 and the signs would have to be older than that".

I have a signed lettern from the owner of the house that documents the 2 signs having been in that house since 1916. I also went to the courthouse in that town and looked for pictures of the old business that they came from. I found pictures of the outside of the building and the signs were not on the outside of the building. I didn't have time for more research, or I would have hit the newspaper archives! I plan on doing a little more research and hope to find an old photo of them in use! Hope! Hope! Hope!
Thanks for all the nice comments on these 2 signs. I really feel that its a priveledge to be able to own them and display them in my collection!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...Kevin, they're nice signs...they're very old and in nice condition...nothing I wrote denigrates the signs in any way...

...I read the old post...I couldn't find the earlier one where they were offered for sale...

...I just dispute the pre-1911 date, and the statement that the signs have to be exactly as old as the house...'wow, those shelves are old - I'll bet they're about as old as the house' can be turned into 'they're as old as the house' easily...and if it was an eyewitness account, well, I'd be hard-pressed to accept the accuracy of the average 100-year-old's recollection of something as insignificant as precisely when shelves were built - especially if they were 4 at the time - unless there was some incredibly memorable event tied to them being built, like "Uncle Ferb had a heart attack when he was building those shelves and died on the spot"...

...even if the signs are from 1920, or 1925 - does that make them any less interesting?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice stuff guys!

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Liking that PURE sign light Mike M.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Here is some amazing pictures of tanker trucks from the early 1900's.
There is zerolene signs similar to Kevins!
Several different company trucks with signs!
Check them out!!!
Pictures of Tanker Trucks

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
... I'd be hard-pressed to accept the accuracy of the average 100-year-old's recollection of something as insignificant as precisely when shelves were built - especially if they were 4 at the time - unless there was some incredibly memorable event tied to them being built, like "Uncle Ferb had a heart attack when he was building those shelves and died on the spot"....

I have an aunt that is approaching 100 and she remembers everything...Local paper ran a story about a flood in 46 and she called them to correct some of the details. She was right. She also remembers dates for the most mundane items as well. Like when my uncle build a new grain elevator, she knew it was in August (of 57 no less) becasue she remembered they went and did some fishing for a vacation when he finished..... they may rememerb exactly when the shelves went in as they may have used them for storing canning jars of food....just saying.

Last edited by Alex; Mon Jan 14 2013 01:12 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice stuff everyone!
My only buy this week was this Mobiloil "Mobiltop" upperlube.
Should have a little measuring cup on top - luckily I have an extra ;-)
//Claes

Another Mobiltop.jpg
Mobiltop 1950

Mobiltop blandarmått.jpg
Mesuring cup

Last edited by fast66; Mon Jan 14 2013 03:51 PM.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
My Finds For past few weeks.

100_3167.jpg
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved