Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Most of the roads in my area have been driven and any pumps that you see are in use or not for sale. There still some things in barns but most farms don't want to turn loose of anything unless they know you. Most signs have been pulled down years ago and there where never that many globes in this area. Most pumps never had globe holders on them. With the price of gas my driving days are pretty much over. Richard

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
2 Fools in a White Van are always looking for new places to rip off senior collectors, this thread should help them!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Come to Long Island, I'll sell you some stuff. Then hit the Orient Point ferry to New London, CT. finish up @ KZ1000's place in Mass. Hahahaha!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Not sure about "in the wild". However, Oklahoma has quite a bit in captivity. There are several extensive private collections.....medium-enormous sized. I would go so far to say that per capita there are more quality items (in private collections) throughout Oklahoma than any other state.

Even without the Aubrey McClendon collection, Oklahoma has several impressive collections.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the positive push forward on the thread db, 3 replies and nothing productive yet from you.

That's definately par.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nuttin in Canada ....I go to New York and Michigan...great people and fair deals...my son and I like to eat at chilis ....what can I say

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm out looking EVERY day, that includes work days before work. Today I found an ECO 37 wall mount still attached to the building. The old timer sold it for $500, its not a home run but I look at it as at least it was rescued from the elements. Some days aren't good at all though. There are still plenty of pumps on farms here in Ohio, you just have to be persistent. I found a fry still in the original shipping crate this week as well. Collectors don't believe me when I try to tell them "There are some downright scary good items left to be found." The trick is, talking that individual into parting with it. You HAVE to make a good solid offer even if its a little too high, people aren't stupid. Sure hope I can get the duplex I found, and yes, it has the printer and the original green paint! Hands down, its the best one I've ever seen. Good Luck, Goober

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chillicothe, Ohio

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Stay the hell outta Minnesota nothing here but cold. Go to North Dakota seams Like Kevin is always finding good stuff!!!!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I hunt Northern NY hard. I'm not the first & wont be the last. Nothing left up here. The good stuff that went in the crusher over the last six years would make a collector sick. Scrap hits $200+/ton & every old car,gas pump,farm tractor,etc everything that was within reach...WENT! You can't remove ANYTHING from NYS owned land. NYS is waste of time. Sure there's antique stores galore but the old gas & oil stuff is darn near extinct. I met a guy last summer(friend of my dad)him and another fella cleaned up this are about fifteen years ago. Johny Joe Kaska & George King put a dent in Northern NY. Anything automotive & gas station related they found,they bought. Then they'd go to Hershey & come back with more.lol Johns son took over his collection last fall when he passed. George passed over a year ago & his collection was *****ed away by his family. Sometimes I wonder if their pointing me in the directions I need to look. Those guys didn't work together either. Sorry to rant. Come on up & see for your self(s)...NY is a waste.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: keithia
Seems like Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan have a lot.

Yup we got em all up here in Wisconsin. Hundreds of um. All ya have ta do is drive down a two lane road and fill up. Dem Illinois Boyz have been doin it for years. One even bought a house in da woods to use as a base camp. grin

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hmmm.....who might that be?I find lots a stuff up behind the cheddar curtain,up by the cabin...but a certain cheesehead always beats me to it! wink seriously! If tell john I saw this or that ,he always says"oh! Right there on hwy so an so. He knows em all!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Sun Jan 27 2013 04:55 PM.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Got to be out west. farmers had such big places they had their own pumps. Not the case here.

If you want to find items put one in your pickup,and hit every small exit out of the way stop. Sometimes the oldtimers will fill you in.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
eshaver was right , prices in arizona are crazy or maybe just for people that don't live here. No there crazy and all we have is Hwy 66 mother road but dont't stop cause prices are crazy.
Remember Prices are crazy. Don't forget!!!!!

GENE

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I used to think Ohio, but after I cleaned out seven bulk plants there I would say there isn't much left.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved