Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#390993 Sat Feb 02 2013 10:45 AM
SoCo66 Offline OP
OP Offline
Looking for some info from those in the know (of which I do not consider myself one)... I've seen conflicting information regarding the Martin & Schwartz/Wayne Model 80 pumps. Were these first introduced in 1946 (by M&S) or 1951, when M&S was acquired by Wayne?

My thanks in advance for any assistance in clarifying.

Regards,
Patrick

Patrick S.
Looking for Conoco (1929-'69) - Touraide, Travel Club, Colorado-related
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Jack Sim would be the expert on this one smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
It is not a secret, but on my website (www.petrocollect.com) I have a section titled "Gas Pump Company Histories." This is actually a copy of a section of my Gas Pump Id book.
Here is a direct connection to that section: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/company_histories.htm

Just a few words about my website. I believe it is the largest website devoted to this hobby, the last time I checked, it has just short of 20,000 images on it, enough to keep you up all night looking at them. Yes, most of these images are of literature I have for sale, but it doesn't cost anything to just oook at them.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
SoCo66 Offline OP
OP Offline
Jack:

I would certainly agree that your site is a treasure trove of valuable information and I have indeed visited it on a number of occasions including the mentioned "Gas Pump Company Histories" section. In this case, however, my original question is regarding information on a specific pump model rather than the company/companies in general.

Also regarding your available literature, please note that I've sent you an e-mail regarding the purchase of one of these items and am awaiting reply at your earliest convenience.

Patrick S.
Looking for Conoco (1929-'69) - Touraide, Travel Club, Colorado-related

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved