Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Picked up a flyer for a petro show being put on by Jimmy Shores and Larry Graves in Spencer NC. on March 22, and 23rd.

Thought I would pass this along. Need to check it out !!!

Anyone go to the first show last year ?? How was it ?

010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Thanks for posting, I'll have to put this one on my list as a possible go-to.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Show this week !

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Two more days!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Headed that way in the morning weather should be great

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Heading that way after a stop in Chesnee SC tomorrow.

S
S
Ouch they got me. Drove three hours was there at 6:45 to set up which dealers were to start setting up Thursday afternoon at 2:00 not one dealer, no signage, no one to set you up,not even a port a let or anyting to point to any kind of show. Stayed till 7:50, one truck pulled up with same look as mine and I headed home. By the way show was to start at 8:00! We also called the promoter Wednesday to seee if we could set up Friday and he said there was 40 dealers to set up and that would be fine. I doubt they make it till the third show.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...yikes shocked

...I spoke to someone this morning who was in Spencer, who had planned to set up at this show...I have been checking Oldgas today and was hopeful to read that the issues had since been corrected...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Fri Mar 22 2013 11:51 AM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
The issues were never really corrected. Everyone was disappointed. The man who put on the show never showed up this morning. Called and said we could set up in a parking lot. Ended up he did not have permission to set up in the parking lot by the owner. Ended up setting up behind a few buildings on a side street. Lucky for me I was only 45 minutes from home but most venders were 4 to 6 hours away from home. Everyone tried to make the best of it but everyone packed up and left around 1 or 1:30. Just feel bad for everyone who came to look and nothing there. Also for the vendors who drove hours and spent money on hotel rooms for nothing. But it was good seeing everyone this morning!

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
Oh my! What a disappointment. At least some of you guys got a little something out of the effort.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
S
S
After reading dealers left and no permission to set up I'm happy I left. This is the kind of lack of commitment that hurts the ones trying to put on a good show. When we called the gentleman that was an auctioneer he was at an auction this morning,no care of dealers comming to show. There was also suppose to be an auction saturday, feel for ones putting items in this auction. Was no posting of this auction in the parking lot this morning. Yes if is sound angry I'm still put out by gettin up and driving hours with no care at toher end.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
....ought to be some great bargains at that auction, with no one to bid on anything...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I drove about 2 1/2 hours to give it a try. Thankfully I did sell a few signs Thursday and Friday and some PB Blaster to cover costs and picked up a few signs and pieces at the show and on the way home at an antique mall.

The flyer indicated the show setup was at "2" on Thursday, I arrived about an hour before that. A couple of people were there and a few more arrived over the next couple hours. As Clint Eastwood said in Heartbreak Ridge it was a cluster$@!# compared to seriously planned events. But I was always taught to make lemonade out of lemons and knew it was better to stay and make the attempt than give up and drive back home.

We drove over to Gary's BBQ in China Grove for an awesome experience. Gary has got to have one of the most spectacular displays of soda advertising inside his business and the BBQ is good too!

Here was my small setup on Friday.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Some pics from Friday morning.

Last edited by carolinaskies; Sat Mar 23 2013 05:05 AM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pic's Paul, at least there were some good signs for those that drove out, to pick from.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved