Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Great company, there was mention of the sinclair hotels.

Have a few addresses and open dates.
Springfield MO. 07-16-1928- sold to greyhound in 1936
Columbia MO. 01-16-1929 - 1406 OLD HY. 40 WEST
Rolla MO. -1929- HY. US 66 and 63
Pond MO. -1929- 1835 Manchester Rd.

Two others built in Miami and Tulsa OK.- Have found stamped post card from Columbia dated April 1930 and it states that sender had just got there after overseeing grounds planting at the two hotels in OK.

The MO. 1934 Sinclair map has these locations highlighted and the only map year I have found to date with them.

Sinclair not really my thing but I have a interest as they bought out Pierce. Knew Wes would keep this one fun.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Some odds and ends. I picked this one up from a guy up close to Chicago. I won it on eBay and I was able to pick it up on the way to the one Peotone show. SST. There is a mate to this that says fertilizer on it. This one has a wood frame on the back and had an ink stamp on it for a place in Illinois.

I picked up this rest room sign from the same guy. There are about three different versions of this sign

Another sign I got from an auction. What is refered to as a fence sign. I have since made a wood fram for it

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dad with a nice 16 inch Opaline he got at Columbus one year

A couple more fence signs

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Four Brothers Axel grease came from a company Sinclair bought out around the 1920's

The first real porcelain Sinclair sign I ever bought. I got it from Jackie Knott. He has since gotten a lot of my money..

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes you sure got a bunch of Sinclair items!!!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As seen one year at the Columbia Missouri show

Part of dads collection. The Aircraft sign was made in at least three different versions in at least two different sizes

The Tripple check logo was used for a short period of time in 5 cities. It was tested out as a replacement for the HC logo. Sinclair did not go with it and instead went with the trapazoid shaped sign in 1959. They made a 4 foot, 6 foot and the sign that Clinton posted at the start of the thread. The Productos sign was used in Mexico.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not all of this stuff is mine! Some is mine, my brothers, dads and friends.

A truck door sign. Hard to find. Some of the old toy Sinclair delivery truck tin toys have this logo on their door

A pricer sign. Two different versions of this one. One has red lettering. There were numbers with tabs on the top that fit into the slots in the sign to show the price of gas today. I have seen about 7 or 8 of the signs, never found the numbers yet.

Sinclair had their products in all kinds of stuff. Gas, oil, paint, car care products as well as for down on the farm. These signs show up, but most of the time they are not in very good condition. A bunch of them turned up at Columbia a couple years ago, they were found in the original shipping container and most of them were rusted or damaged

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
An oil well pump sign. A couple different versions of this one too. Some have a different logo in the bottom corners

An oil well sign

My first gas pump. Another buy from Jackie. It has High Test HC add glass in it. This was another test design. There is also a matching globe to go with this add glass.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Version two of the Aircraft signs as seen at Iowa Gas one year. I have seen pictures of a small version of this sign. It showed up a couple years back in my area. I think it was a 24 inch, not sure. I never got the chance to buy it then for a very reasonable (cheap) price and now I couldnt afford it

And the open cockpit version, also at Iowa.

I have seen matching globes for the open cockpit sign and the red aircraft sign. A person would think that there may also be an original green and red version too? (There are repo or fantasy green and red aircraft globes out there)

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tyler and all the others who have contributed so far, you folks are doing an excellent job!!!!

I am not a Sinclair "Junky" but, I can now understand better why you folks have "fallen in Love" with Sinclair!

I hope to see more "goodies" from Sinclair....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sinclair used a lot of decals back in the day. They also had some pump plates.

The common Dino pump plate

A red lettered Diesel plate

And the newer green lettered one

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Some tin tacker signs. They were made without mounting holes. They were just nailed to the wall of a station and being made out of tin, a lot of them rusted or got all bent up. I try to put mine in frames to prevent them from getting all buggered up

Another small strip sign, think it is about a 42 inch one that was used on a truck

This is what is left of a flange sign. The bar logo was used for both oils and gasoline and was used for gasoline before the HC logo came out. The flange signs also were made with green lettering

A newer pipe line sign

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got this off of eBay a couple years ago. I think it is an original foreign sign but I may be wrong. It is heave porcelain and has nice shelving on it. A license plate topper

An assortment that followed me home from Iowa one year

Here is an old one. Several of these turned up in Illinois if i recall. I was runner up bidder on ebay. The winner took the unbroken ones and contacted me on the rest. Dad and my brother made the trip to pick them up. He had three left so we each ended up with one. They were used as part of a wall, along the roof line to advertise Sinco Oils. This should date them to before the bar logo

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Getting ready to roll out for home at Columbia a couple years ago. The shows are a good place to see what is out there, find things for the collection and get in contact with other collectors

A plaque that was given to an employee when he retired. There is a paper taped to the back of it with the details. The bottom sign shows up from time to time. There are two sizes of the little ones like this. Beware of ones that have this logo that were cut out of a Dino pump plate or a well lease sign. The size will be off and there wont be any porcelain on the edges where it was cut.

Another HC globe. This logo was in use for several years. There are one piece baked and etched, three piece glass, lenses for Capco, light green and darker green colors and even lenses for 15 inch metal. Plus some have "tall" or "short" HC lettering, plus the repos of course.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another Sinclair pump. Sinclair did not make the pump, it is just branded that way. This one was getting loaded up in the trailed for the ride back to Ohio. A 36B

One of the bigger two piece strip signs. Some had black shading on the letters, some do not. Got this one from T. B. at Peotone one year.

A couple 700 series Bennetts at a show

These show up some times. Think they are from Belgium. Two versions of this one also

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved