Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When in Peotone for the show, it is a rule that we go to the Peotone Bier Stube and eat way to much. After about a dozen visits, I finally finished one of their schnitzels this trip!

We also used to go to the one Irish Pub down the road. The show used to be closer to St Patricks Day and we would stop in for a cold one before dinner. We didnt do that in a few years, my brother must be getting old...
While there, be on the lookout for the "Drunken Red Headed Irish Women"

A couple more pumps at the show

One of the local antique shops has a HC sign up front on display, NFS of course

Another pump I drug home, a Wayne 60

Last edited by Wes Maxwell; Thu Mar 07 2013 03:16 PM.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A couple cans. PD was Sinclairs bug spray. This can also was still with a wood shipping box

The Productos label would indicate the cans in this box was for the market South of the border. I have never seen a Productos can, would like to see pictures of one if anyone has any?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sinclair had several different credit card signs, this is one of the newer ones

An old wood sign. They spelled Sinclair wrong

An HC sign and the test Tripple Check

With and without the black drop shade on the letters

These were both made with green or red letters

Another older credit card sign. The little strip sign below it doesnt show up very often

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The Bar logo

Four foot Tripple check. This is the very sign that is shown on page 124 of the Sinclair collectables book by Benjamin and Henderson. Jackie had it hanging on the wall over the stairwell to his basement. Dad bought the sign, I got to climb the ladder up over the steps to get it down.

A couple different signs that were used on tire racks.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another little porcelain strip sign, believed to have been used on the back bumper of a delivery truck

A station display for the anti rust RD-119. They had a couple different displays like this. One tube had a rusty metal bar in the glass tube to show how things can rust. The second tube have a rust free metal bar because it was in the RD-119

A tin tacker for Opaline motor oil

Men and Ladies rest room signs and globes

Sanitized rest room sign version one

and version two

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tin tackers

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Porcelain vertical strip signs. At least 6 different ones of these. I only ever saw a flat Mobiline. The Pennsylvania was made in both flat and self framed cookie cutter versions. The Opaline was also flat and cookie cutter, plus there was a Motor Oil and Motor Oils version

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, very nice Sinclair collection.. cool

IMG_0603[1].JPG

RANDY
OP Offline
Wow Wes I see you were quite busy today. What an amazing collection you have in your family. There were quite a few pieces I hadn't even seen till you posted. I have seen pictures of the Mexico Productos Chicken sign but never seen one in a collection, I think its a awesome sign. The oil can cart is super nice also and growing up farming I really like the dino farm sign which I hadn't seen. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post pictures and show some signs I myself and others may never get to see. Your contribution to COTM is well appreciated.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, you and your family have one of the largest Sinclair collections I've ever seen. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! A lot of hard work has gone into that. I'm impressed.

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks to everyone who has posted, some awesome Sinclair items have been shown so far!

Seeing as "Dino" was the first word out of my mouth as a small child (no lie on that one, and I doubt that my mom has forgiven my dad for it yet) I've been fascinated with Sinclair stuff. My collection is not nearly as broad as the Maxwell family's, but has been focused on round Sinclair quarts so I thought I'd share a couple photos of them.

Over twenty years of searching has brought my collection to 76 different Sinclair quarts and there are at least few more on the want list!

Thanks

Aaron Hop

sinclair.JPG dino.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for posting, here is some farm stuff

Sinclair farm dino.jpg Farm hand books.jpg
Some Farm handbooks I picked up

Farm rain guage.jpg
Only thing I own with the Sinclair Farm Tractor logo, a rain gauge

OP Offline
Couple more things

Axle grease.jpg Sinclair Extra Duty farm.jpg PD pest.jpg
P.D. Insect sprayer I got on ebay with a older refill pint can and newer glass bottle type

Sinclair PD sprayer.jpg
OP Offline
Here is 2 pumps I drug back from Michigan, I plan on re-painting the Visible. The Bennett still has the original guts.

Gas pump.jpg gas pump2.jpg my visible pump.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A 30 inch bar logo Oils. There were several different sizes of both the Oils and Gasoline signs with the bar logo

A wall of different well and warning signs, different color borders, different logos

A transition sign. Single sided tin. The guy is taking down the Sinclair sign to put up the new ARCO sign as shown by his uniform patch. Hard sign to finf in good condition

Another credit card sign with bracket and topper. The sign is DSP. There is another similar sign that the S doesn't drop down into the white. You can see the left side of that sign in the background

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved