Next Thread
Print Thread
#401411 Thu Mar 14 2013 07:35 AM
I
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I
i have a chance to buy this pump from a friend what do u think is a good price on it

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
300-400

Rust is a must
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like it has rust holes in it?? May be a basket case if more panels are rotted out.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
keithia #401448 Thu Mar 14 2013 09:12 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That rust thru issue could be a big deal, unless you like it looking that way? It looks like a parts pump in my book.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If it has rust that is in the upper panels like that in the pic, chances are that the whole thing is gonna disentagrate when put infront of a sand blaster.
On top of that, there are MANY missing parts on the outside.

In My Opinion: I agree with what Kevin said above.
Unless you are very skilled at body work and you have a great shop with all the tools to do it and you have another exact copy pump to take parts from, this pump would be a bad one to do your first pump with. I don't mean to discourage you at all but there are better condition pumps out there to do your first one with. I only share this with you to save you gobs of time and heartache and I'm not trying to be rude to your friend or his stuff.

I personally would be hard pressed to pay more than $100 for this one because it might not even make a good parts pump because of the rust.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to OldGas, by the way!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
It is definately in bad shape if the rust thru is that high up. It would be worth no more that $150.00 to this guy. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

I
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I
thanks all i think i will pass on it does anyone know anyone in indiana that has some pumps for sale that are halfway cheap that need restored

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Cheap is not working anymore.....too much demand and a more and more limited supply. Did you contact Tom Buckles as I recommended, ia a previous post? Tom is a good guy and will work with you, I'm sure? Just remember, no one has cheap stuff unless it's junk. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gasmansgp
Cheap is not working anymore.....too much demand and a more and more limited supply. Did you contact Tom Buckles as I recommended, ia a previous post? Tom is a good guy and will work with you, I'm sure? Just remember, no one has cheap stuff unless it's junk. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

...cheap is working fine - for Beanie Babies!

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved