Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#401411 - Thu Mar 14 2013 09:35 AM Martin Schwartz model 80
indiananationals Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: indiana
i have a chance to buy this pump from a friend what do u think is a good price on it

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#401419 - Thu Mar 14 2013 09:41 AM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: indiananationals]
GasolineFiend Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Greenville, SC
300-400

#401440 - Thu Mar 14 2013 10:16 AM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: GasolineFiend]
keithia Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
Looks like it has rust holes in it?? May be a basket case if more panels are rotted out.

#401448 - Thu Mar 14 2013 11:12 AM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: keithia]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
That rust thru issue could be a big deal, unless you like it looking that way? It looks like a parts pump in my book.
Cell#-701-739-6133

#401466 - Thu Mar 14 2013 12:59 PM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: K W FRITH]
Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: www.mancaveshoppe.com email:bi...
If it has rust that is in the upper panels like that in the pic, chances are that the whole thing is gonna disentagrate when put infront of a sand blaster.
On top of that, there are MANY missing parts on the outside.

In My Opinion: I agree with what Kevin said above.
Unless you are very skilled at body work and you have a great shop with all the tools to do it and you have another exact copy pump to take parts from, this pump would be a bad one to do your first pump with. I don't mean to discourage you at all but there are better condition pumps out there to do your first one with. I only share this with you to save you gobs of time and heartache and I'm not trying to be rude to your friend or his stuff.

I personally would be hard pressed to pay more than $100 for this one because it might not even make a good parts pump because of the rust.

#401467 - Thu Mar 14 2013 01:01 PM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave]
Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: www.mancaveshoppe.com email:bi...
Welcome to OldGas, by the way!!

#401524 - Thu Mar 14 2013 05:48 PM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave]
gasmansgp Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Severn, Maryland USA
It is definately in bad shape if the rust thru is that high up. It would be worth no more that $150.00 to this guy. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

#401654 - Fri Mar 15 2013 06:55 AM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: gasmansgp]
indiananationals Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: indiana
thanks all i think i will pass on it does anyone know anyone in indiana that has some pumps for sale that are halfway cheap that need restored

#401713 - Fri Mar 15 2013 12:10 PM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: indiananationals]
gasmansgp Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Severn, Maryland USA
Cheap is not working anymore.....too much demand and a more and more limited supply. Did you contact Tom Buckles as I recommended, ia a previous post? Tom is a good guy and will work with you, I'm sure? Just remember, no one has cheap stuff unless it's junk. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

#401740 - Fri Mar 15 2013 01:55 PM Re: Martin Schwartz model 80 [Re: gasmansgp]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: gasmansgp
Cheap is not working anymore.....too much demand and a more and more limited supply. Did you contact Tom Buckles as I recommended, ia a previous post? Tom is a good guy and will work with you, I'm sure? Just remember, no one has cheap stuff unless it's junk. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

...cheap is working fine - for Beanie Babies!

Moderator:  Alex, Oldgas 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved