Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I have two angled porcelain shades for lighting a round (42" diameter) sign. The back of the shades are 2 3/8" in diameter. What hardware do I need to complete the shades into lights that connect to my sign frame by 1/2' threaded pipe. I do not have the back for the shades, the light fixture, or the curved 1/2" threaded mounting arms. Anyone know where I can get what I need? Thank you - Phil Adams

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Those parts should all be available at your local wholesale electrical supply house (CED or CES here in the West). You can also find them online for more $$$.

If you have a pipe bender you can bend your own conduit for the arms. If you have a wholesale pipe or plumbing supply house they can usually cut, thread and bend the pipe for you (Ferguson here in the West).

If you can't find the parts house locally, find an electrician in your area that does commercial work. He should know where to find the stuff for you.

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Curt is right about a wholesale house, but there can be a problem with these houses. Here the local CED will not sell to the general public. You have to be an electrician or work for one. Platt stores here will not sell to the public if the items come to a total less than $25.00. North Coast stores will serve the general public. You might try a small hardware or electrical/plumbing store, I find that these stores carry more of a selection for the homeowner and alot of the time they are less expensive. Good luck with your electricial work, let us know how it turns out.
Bob

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Philip:

There have been a lot of conduit 'arms' showing up on e-bay lately. Someone is producing brand new parts for this.

Do a search for Gas Station Light and you should get a bunch of 'hits'.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com
Always buying Ethyl Globes, Ethyl Single Lenses & Misc Ethyl Items.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Phil,
Leviton makes an aluminum one with three set screws and a 90 degree conduit inlet with 1/2" pipe threads. Don't have the part number.
Will e-mail you some photos.
Ed

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved