Next Thread
Print Thread
#41503 Sun May 22 2005 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Hello
I am New to this site & Hobby.
I recently picked up a Wayne 511 Blendomatic Gas Pump.
It's double sided and shows the same exact facing on both sides.
It has the 9 button blender plate & looks to be all authentic & unrestored.
I would like to keep and gently bring it back to it's glory.Not repaint and buy repop items for it,but rather just shine it up as is.
I have many questions,and was wondering if any of you can help me:
*How can I tell what year this unit was made?
*It still retains it's 3 digit price readout,with a Decal saying,"This is a half Gallon price".So I am assuming this was an old pump,that was converted later on after the Oil Embargo in 1974?
*It shows SUNLITE lettering on a blue background decal applied over the original Yellow SUNOCO metal doors.Can anyone tell me what year they started selling SUNLITE and is it something I should leave alone,or remove to let the original Yellow Doors show?
This pump has been stored in a garage for awhile now,and has a 1981 license sticker on it.Below are a few pictures of it.
Thank You for your replies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/Rick_Peters/sunocoCUSTOM11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/Rick_Peters/sunocoCUSTOM31.jpg

[This message has been edited by coldpizza (edited 05-22-2005).]

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#41504 Sun May 22 2005 09:31 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome to Old Gas coldpizza Post a pic of the pump & that can help us determine the year it was made & help out with the other questions you might have. Also Jack Sims has a book called An Illustrated Guide To Gas Pumps that has many pumps in it & alot of info on them. You can get it through this site just go to books & follow the steps.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#41505 Sun May 22 2005 09:36 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ok the link did not come up the first time so here is some of the info for you. It was made in 1958 & was mostly used by Sunoco. If it was me I would go back to original but as we say here it is your pump so you can do what you want.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#41506 Sun May 22 2005 09:45 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
As "gasoildude" mentioned, you can get a copy of my Gas Pump Identification book here on this website. If it is not shown at the top of this page, just go to Amazon at the bottom of this page.
My suggestion is that you should reserve the 17th & 18th of June so that you can attend the CTO petroliana swap meet in Columbus, Ohio. At that show you will be able to purchase the correct Sunoco signs for the front of your pump, and possibly anything else you might need. I have many extra buttons 200, 180 etc. so if you need any of them just let me know. I also have sales literature, parts/repair manual for this pump and even a Veeter-Root manual that covers the computer used in this pump.
If you buy my book, look me up at Columbus and I will autograph it for you.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#41507 Wed May 25 2005 08:12 PM
C
C
Coldpizza -
Welcome to the board!
Just a guess...but I'm thinking that the Sunlite variation didn't appear on these pumps until the 1970's. (I know that I've seen a picture in a gas book with this...but can't pinpoint it. I want to say that it's a lower lead offering.)
I think that maybe your face plates will clean up. Just be careful when removing the decals. Looks like all you may need is the plate that showed the different grades of gas (190 to 260) to complement your side blend selector.

** Jack -- I'm trying to locate some of the literature that you have for this pump! What's the best way to contact you??

------------------
Always do right-this will gratify some and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Always do right-this will gratify some and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
#41508 Wed Jun 01 2005 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Thank You to all who replied.

Ditto on that..Jack,I would like to talk with you more in depth about somethings.
How does one get in touch with you?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
#41509 Wed Jun 01 2005 07:25 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Phone number is 314-427-3943
Email address is: jhsim@swbell.net
Website is: www.crspub.com
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved