Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I too was watching that sign.

When that sign was asked about on here about being real or fake and no one answered, it threw up a red flag for me. That meant it was real and people on here were trying to not let the cat out of the bag.

This meant that I knew the price was going to be double of what I would have paid for that sign. I too was thinking around the price you were, and also thought it was a bit on the high side at that.

I was right on my assessment.

Mike
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...four pages, and no one has mentioned that there are a LOT of non-collector speculators driving these prices up as well...the same process that makes you curse when you fill up your gas tank...the only ones cheering and yelling 'pony up boys' at the gas station are the ones who own the wells...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: strnge
When that sign was asked about on here about being real or fake

Wow I totally missed that thread!! I'm sure I would have done everything the same though even if I had.

What drove my price point was another tin sign ( http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=404518&page=2 ) and pictured below, in more or less the same condition. I know the owner tried to sell it for several months on Oldgas for only $300 and then it finally sold for $235. And in dealings outside of Oldgas I had it bought for $180 but had to back out because of personal reasons at the time. So when this one went for $565 I was like 'what the hell'!!! I really want to get some of these Sunoco tins and they dont come up all the time. So I was kind of freaked when I lost. Just needed to vent. I love this junk and the hobby!!!!

Sunoco tin (2).jpg
Last edited by SC62; Mon May 13 2013 02:21 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My Sunoco that I had went for 565??? When, I just sold it month or so ago or was it another one like it?

Last edited by Man-Cave-Shoppe; Mon May 13 2013 02:28 PM.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe
My Sunoco that I had went for 565??? When, I just sold it month or so ago or was it another one like it?

No, no, no!! If I'm understanding your question, I wrote that incorrectly. The sign that I was orignally posting about went for $565. 161020828727

Steve Coppens
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
BTW, gulfiend's point about "non-collector speculators" , is a very sad, yet very possible piece of this!!

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Whew, but I know why that one went for so much with the arrow graphic. sweet one but out of my range at that price too.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Steve,IMO ,I think Dave Gill pretty much summed it up!

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Tunk-Z28
Steve,IMO ,I think Dave Gill pretty much summed it up!

Maybe. But I was also using this in my evaluation. This sold only a couple weeks ago. Not in as good of shape of course, but...
And this sold for what? Something under $275???

I don't know. I thought I had it nailed at $409! I would have loved to have won it. Oh well, it is what it is.

Steve Coppens
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I was bidding on a Skelly Oil Company porcelain sign that was on an oil lease in Barton County, KS. I REALLY wanted that sign as I was born and raised in Barton County, KS AND collect Skelly stuff. I thought I put a pretty high bid in and had it sealed but 5 seconds till end he got me by a dollar. I was so *****. But thats the name of the game I guess.

-Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
could have been more than a dollar,
you don't know what the snipe was.. cool

RANDY
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: LSx
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I was bidding on a Skelly Oil Company porcelain sign that was on an oil lease in Barton County, KS. I REALLY wanted that sign as I was born and raised in Barton County, KS AND collect Skelly stuff. I thought I put a pretty high bid in and had it sealed but 5 seconds till end he got me by a dollar. I was so *****. But thats the name of the game I guess.

Wow!! Yah I can see why you wanted that!! That would have been very cool for you to have!! I feel for you for sure!!

On the other note, like Randy said, he could have outbid you by a million. But it's ony going to show you the next bid increment above yours.

Steve Coppens
LSx Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
True

Doesnt help that it still ***** me off lol

-Brian

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved