Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for taking the time to snap the pictures as well as posting them , Henry. Makes me wish I was there with you.

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well I was too tired to rush to the J&J show today plus there were a few yard sales along the way. I picked up several hundred old spark plugs at one sale. Allstate, Huskey, AC, Champion, etc. Guy had a bunch of model T parts from his father.
Once I got there I had lost interest. There is not much petro in this field. But here are a few more pictures. I am done the show for this year even thou it goes threw Sunday.

002.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG
60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
more

008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG
60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Left Brimfield and stopped at a shop to the north, which had people in it that I had seen all week at the show walking around. A couple from Va. as well.Ended up buying the two cans pictured. Had to watch out for turtles as well on the way to Kimball Farms cruise night. Lots of cool cars ! http://www.kimballfarm.com/cruise.shtml

015.JPG 016.JPG 012.JPG
60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Nothing nicer then a beautiful day in New England !!!

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
love the pics, thanks for putting them on...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, a lot of great items!! Thanks, for posting the awesome pic's.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
It was a great show...signs moved very quick this year. If it was auto/gas/oil related and it wasnt WAY overpriced...it was gone. I watched some not so great signs that were overpriced for condition selling within 10 minutes of fields opening up. I think it has a lot to do with the "Better buy it before the guy behind me does" mentality that surrounds this show. BUT the experience is always a thrill non the less.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eric, Nice seeing you on Wednesday. You looked like you were having a good time. I went home empty handed, it was still a lot more fun than going to work for the day.

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The reality is that for a show this size the petro is fairly sparse. If you really want to see the petro stuff go to any of the petro shows to see a hundred times as much.

I love Brimfield because I collect in many different fields. I like quirky and unusual, deco, nouveau,emphemera, just old stuff in general. But the best part is the experience and the interesting people.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
GREAT show and I enjoyed meeting Henry, more then once, on the fields. There was a lot to see. We just got home to California tonight and I shipped 10 boxes of signs home, 2 already here. At the J&J show the only good, not great, sign was a Richlube with the race car through the middle. It's probably a grade 7 with no gloss and some damage. It sold for $2200. I found a nice Good Humor sign at J&J.
Thanks Henry for your great chats and I have to say I'm still sore from the many many miles of walking. Now I understand what you guys say about walking Hershey

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
That looks like one of the best shows I have ever seen posted on here. Better then what I have been seeing close to home the past 3 years.
The last time I saw that much great stuff was the Pomona swap meet in California and it took 5 hours of walking to see that much among so many car parts.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would thank you for posting the pics, but they may have done me more harm than good. Seriously, thanks for the extra work it was to walk, peruse, photograph, then share.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Nice seeing you too Gasme..yea pickings were slim and there were some deep pockets present willing to spend. Ray it was nice meeting you & your wife in J & J Friday. Although I believe you purchased an Ankorite Lion sign from me a few years back. Never knew it was you back then.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Still have the Lion on my fence and my grandkids think I had the sign made from a picture of the "lion that lives in our back yard". the 6 year old is scared to go outback after dark but the 4 year old girl begs me to take her out to meet the actual lion.
I did pretty well and sent home about 15 signs, most are not gas 7 oil. I did score a really nice Hood Ice Cream curb sign which was probably my best buy

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved