Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Awsome.... well done .. everyone who worked on it should be proud on what they have achieved.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really nice--

Those young guys must be really proud!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very, very nicely done Chris, by you and your students. I've been watching the progress right from the start and it is pleasing to see that you are instilling quality workmanship into these young people in your class. Hopefully it will stay with them the rest of their life.
Ken.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice job on the pump!

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
C
coopwyo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thanks for all the kind comments!

I have one student in class that has worked on this pump since he was a freshman, and he just graduated last week. He won a couple of $1000.00 scholarships from two of the car dealerships in town and is going to the local community college to get his degree in auto body repair. He credits a lot of the success he's having now to starting out on that pump. It really is amazing how something simple like that can really peak someone's interest.

I took the 3 guys in my class out to dinner the other night to thank them for all the work they put in on stuff this year. It was really satisfying for me to sit around the table with three 18 year olds and have a knowledgable conversation about body work, painting, the differences between pumps, and how cool "old" stuff is.

Again, thanks for all the support, advice, and help on this project.

Chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome restoration!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'ts gratifying to see such a fine example of Petrolina finished and done in authentic livery too ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I stopped at a couple of bank on Friday as I was traveling thru town & asked if they knew which bank had a gas pump in the lobby. No one knew.
What bank is it on display in?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It should be in the Farmers State Bank in Burns, Wy. Chris teaches school at the Burns High School. Mitch

C
coopwyo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Mitch is right -- it will be in the bank in Burns (25 miles east of Cheyenne). However, at this point, it is still in the shop at school. Since the pump was completed after school got out for the summer, it hasn't been taken over to the bank yet. I wanted the kids that worked on it to have the glory of unveiling it. I'll post some pictures once we get it over there.

Chris

C
coopwyo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I wanted to post a couple pictures of the Erie 71 pump my class restored sitting in the bank.

With the loss of my daughter, it hasn't been a very high priority for me to get these pictures posted.

However, an arrogant, know-it-all from California who fancies himself as the gas pump police has been calling gas and oil folks in Cheyenne and Pine Bluffs, Wyoming and questioning my integrity. I figured that since he feels like he's the king of the hobby, I better get in line and get some pictures up.

Everyone on this site except for that guy has been amazingly nice, helpful, giving, and very supportive of what my students have been able to do, and I very much appreciate that.

BUT, when some big-shot that I've never even met starts to question other people about my integrity and honesty, I'm ready to take the gloves off. If you have something to say to me, or question me about -- go ahead and call or email me. I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

Chris

DSCN1348.JPG DSCN1349.JPG
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
Sorry to hear someone questions you Chris. I will stand up for you any day. Stay out of the elementary games that comes with this hobby. Some don't have a thing to do but worry about other people.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: whinner
However, an arrogant, know-it-all from California who fancies himself as the gas pump police has been calling gas and oil folks in Cheyenne and Pine Bluffs, Wyoming and questioning my integrity. I figured that since he feels like he's the king of the hobby, I better get in line and get some pictures up.

Everyone on this site except for that guy has been amazingly nice, helpful, giving, and very supportive of what my students have been able to do, and I very much appreciate that.

BUT, when some big-shot that I've never even met starts to question other people about my integrity and honesty, I'm ready to take the gloves off. If you have something to say to me, or question me about -- go ahead and call or email me. I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

Chris

Sorry I wasted my time asking where the pump was displayed.

[I remember your the one that begged me & several members to sell you their glass top.]

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
You couldn't pick a nicer pump to restore. Great Job and the class should be very proud.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice pump, plus you taught some students some skills.
Good job, what's next?

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved