Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41965 Mon Nov 19 2001 03:30 PM
C
OP Offline
C
If this is in the wrong place - my apologies, first post. I am looking for information on freedom oil. What years they were active? What exactly was the logo? Last but not least, if anyone knows anything concerning how many of these stations there were and if they were national or just pennsylvania - any of these questions answered would be very helpful. Thanks.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#41966 Tue Nov 20 2001 07:14 PM
T
T
According to the Guide to Gasoline Logos , Freedom Oil was in business from the 1920s to 1950. It was a Freedom, PA based gas marketer until 1944 when it merged with Valvoline. After that time Valvoline rebranded their stations to Freedom. Since Valvoline did business in both NY and PA, I assume that there were Freedom stations then in both states. In 1950 the Valvoline/Freedom company merged with Ashland while in the process of selling remaining stations to Esso.
There are 4 logos shown in the above book. The early Freedom logo is a cross made of 4 connected Pennsylvania style keystones with FOWCO or FREEDOM lettered within the cross.
There is some additional info on the company in the book but no indication of the number of stations.

#41967 Wed Nov 21 2001 07:25 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks very much. Thats just enough background. Natalie.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved