Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#420096 Tue Jun 04 2013 03:59 AM
Nucky Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I bought three weeks ago a german nuts vending machine, the paint was starting to peel off at the top of the machine and I decided to get rid of the old paint, I know not much in DIY so I used 120 sand paper with my electric sander and 180 sand paper by hand, the result now is not bad at all but I have difficulties to removed the paint in some area, it was hammered paint anyone know how to removed it easily ?

here is the machine before

and now after some hours of sanding

and here are the area where the paint is really difficult to remove

also after the paint will be totally gone I want to polished it, again I'll work by hand, I'll use 800 sand paper with water and then use steel wool with polishing liquid ( sidol ) am I correct or do you think I should use other things

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I glass bead at a lower air pressure to remove the old paint and then gradually decrease my grit on sandpaper until I do a final of 2000 wet sand. Then start to polish.

Daryl
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I think one of those 3M paint/varnish removers (rust colored) chucked in an electri drill or angle grinder would take care of that.

Jeff
Nucky Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks it works great to removed the last paint, I started to polished it with 800 water sand paper, I didn't use yet the 2000 I'll try it later but it's already good

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved