Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ddkinsey #420861 Thu Jun 06 2013 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW, you go to one birthday party and miss out on all of this!

Sheesh this is going to be alot of catching up reading.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
texacokie #420868 Thu Jun 06 2013 08:59 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I missed swamp people tonight for this,and I think it was worth it!That is saying a lot for a Mississippi boy ya'll!

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
ddkinsey #420869 Thu Jun 06 2013 09:01 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Perfect example!

Chevrolet SS #420870 Thu Jun 06 2013 09:03 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Good point, I am using caps to make a point. Should I care if this upsets anyone after all the garbage they have said about me ? I DON'T THINK SO

Notchcad #420874 Thu Jun 06 2013 09:09 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I have a ton of sign from the USA and sold a bunch from the USA. I have only recently started venturing into Canadian, Europeon, and South American signs. thanks

jgoff #420875 Thu Jun 06 2013 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SO, how old is Grand Dad?

66phillips #420876 Thu Jun 06 2013 09:20 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Man if this is a fake, it is a good one .I just want to ask if anyone noticed the shade of the green in the green T .It is close to the same shade as the 40's and 50's Texaco signs that I have .The newer repops that I have seen all have a much lighter shade of green in the green T .The rust doe's look like it is new,and I do not see any scaling or pitting at all in the rust.I have restored many metal toys ,and when you have that much rust you almost always have pitting in the rusty areas.

jgoff #420877 Thu Jun 06 2013 09:25 PM
P
P
To Bob Richards......I'll be very surprised if you hear back from ExxonMobil on your question. The Mobil archives and related collection were donated to the University of Texas at Austin a few years after the merger. I suspect the position of Archivists/Historian was also eliminated. Respectfully, I think you are wrong about the Texaco/Mobiloil sign. There are most certainly reproductions but also originals that were used somewhere south of the US border. Having lived thru the Exxon/Mobil merger, I'd be very surprised if the folks at Chevron/Texaco know much or care much about the history of the stuff we all hold so valuable. Of course, I could be wrong, and have been in the past.

Richard

47reo-travis #420909 Fri Jun 07 2013 05:53 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was also looking for popcorn. I just don't trust the sign.

Also, I had stated before that currently I am in the Dominican Republic. I have been diligently looking for any signs both on the streets and through craigslist. I have yet to find anything. The comment earlier about countries being low on resources and scrapping everything holds true. Look at the USA for example.
Every town in the USA had at a minimum 1 gas station by the 40's. do some simple math and you would figure we should be swimming in signs and memorabilia. Yet things are hard to find and most time when you do find it its destroyed or significantly rusted. There is a reason why signs are hard to find. Signs were sent to the scrap yard for money. The fact that this specific sign has not shown up till the 90' is a little far fetched I'd say.
But, then again maybe this is the reason why no one has seen this sign and its truly an anomaly to make it through the years with out being found. Just my thoughts but I'd stay away from it.

jgoff #420926 Fri Jun 07 2013 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: jgoff
IT IS AMAZING HOW PEOPLE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE BUSINESS WHEN IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THEM WHAT SO EVER.

...you're wrong - you're essentially acting as a middleman on Oldgas, for signs that have their origins in a foreign city well-known for counterfeiting signs...if you had taken a moment to read through Oldgas before posting all of your Argentinian signs, you might have found the older posts discussing counterfeit Argentinian signs:

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=148609

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=113856

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=174233

...it's apparent that you didn't do this - at best, you just spent a lot of money with 'guido' and thought 'I can mark these up and sell them on Oldgas'...

...a good many (can't say 'most' because of all those inspired by American Peckers) of those on Oldgas have a lot of time and money invested in their collection, and counterfeit signs have a negative effect on our investments...so, yeah, it IS my business and the business of anyone else on Oldgas, who cares about preventing the counterfeiters from ruining the hobby in their pursuit of easy money...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #420930 Fri Jun 07 2013 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's none of my business that the elderly woman next to me just dropped her groceries... but I'll still pick them up for her.

it's called human nature, if I can help someone out by giving them an educated opinion or a friendly caution message... then I will.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #420933 Fri Jun 07 2013 07:57 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
OH IT IS OUR BUSINESS Jgoff...we are like family here...You screw with one of us, you screw with the whole bunch. Your signs are fake, keep them off of this site and that part of the drama will be over. Keep putting them on e-bay and we will continue to warn people about it. If you truly have been duped into thinking that they are real by unscrupulous people, then your concern is with them, not us. The sign experts have done all they can. Take it or leave it, everyone of us was at one time an inexperienced newbie and we have probably all been fooled on some level at some time. But thankfully there are caring people around that will warn the newbies of possible problems with questionable "memorabilia". So continue to whine about your impuned character if you wish, but the jig is up. The phillips 66 sign did it for me months ago. IMO you should be blocked from the sight and banned. Good day sir!

jgoff #420934 Fri Jun 07 2013 08:01 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
[quote=jgoff]I have a ton of sign from the USA and sold a bunch from the USA. I have only recently started venturing into Canadian, Europeon, and South American signs.

Your English and sentence structure is suspect. No one refers to our country as USA. Foreigners do.

Last edited by strnge; Fri Jun 07 2013 08:02 AM.

Mike
strnge #420942 Fri Jun 07 2013 09:03 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: strnge
[quote=jgoff]I have a ton of sign from the USA and sold a bunch from the USA. I have only recently started venturing into Canadian, Europeon, and South American signs.

Your English and sentence structure is suspect. No one refers to our country as USA. Foreigners do.

Thats right this is "Merica"!

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
gulfiend! #420943 Fri Jun 07 2013 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
Originally Posted By: jgoff
IT IS AMAZING HOW PEOPLE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE BUSINESS WHEN IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THEM WHAT SO EVER.

...you're wrong - you're essentially acting as a middleman on Oldgas, for signs that have their origins in a foreign city well-known for counterfeiting signs...if you had taken a moment to read through Oldgas before posting all of your Argentinian signs, you might have found the older posts discussing counterfeit Argentinian signs:

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=148609

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=113856

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=174233

...it's apparent that you didn't do this - at best, you just spent a lot of money with 'guido' and thought 'I can mark these up and sell them on Oldgas'...

...a good many (can't say 'most' because of all those inspired by American Peckers) of those on Oldgas have a lot of time and money invested in their collection, and counterfeit signs have a negative effect on our investments...so, yeah, it IS my business and the business of anyone else on Oldgas, who cares about preventing the counterfeiters from ruining the hobby in their pursuit of easy money...

AGREED!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved